I am planning a 9 day trip with my family in mid-September 2012. We are flying into Milan, will spend 1 day there (we've been before) and then are planning to take the train to Lake Como. It's myself, my husband, my sister (all in our 30's) and my parents (in their 60s). We would like to rent an apartment with an equipped kitchen, in a cute town, to just relax and enjoy the scenery, hiking, little towns, etc. We'd like to be able to cook in the apartment as well as enjoy local restaurants / shops / etc and maybe enjoy a day trip to Lugano.
There are a few cute rentals in Domaso, Menaggio, and Cadenabbia that we've found and would love your opinions of the towns. We'd be there from Sept 20 - Sept 24, so would Domaso be too quiet for us? A friend who knows the Como area well suggested to maybe stay in a more populated area, since that time of the year may be too quiet in the smaller towns up north.
Also, we'd like to spend 4 days somewhere else in the region before my husband and I fly back to the US and my family goes south towards Naples. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! We'd like to go to 1 other city, preferably with great scenery, some hiking and great food. My family is all vegetarian (though my husband is not).
I was thinking about the Cinque Terre, but my friend said some of the hiking trails may still be out due to the rain / flood. Other thoughts were Turin or Genoa. We'd like to be able to get there easily by train from Lake Como and go from the other town back to Milan / onto Naples. Would San Remo be too much of a pain to get to?
Thanks so much for your help...truly appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼바카라도박
- 2 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼클락바카라
- 3 뉴베가스카지노▲▲◎◆◆NOLZA007。ＣＯM▲▲◎◆◆세븐카지노
- 4 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 5 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 6 Best of Norway
- 7 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 10 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 11 Train up the Jungfrau
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Charming areas to explore in London
- 14 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 15 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 18 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 19 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 20 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 21 Barcelona plus Montserrat plus Costa Brava plus San Sebastian in 9 days?
- 22 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 23 Prague End of May
- 24 Scandinavia itinerary (with St. Petersburg) review please
- 25 Help with Transportation Options in London
Recommendations for Lake Como and 4 days elsewhere in N. Italy