DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We Need a Pact
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 I need a haircut
- 6 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 7 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 8 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 9 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 10 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 15 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 16 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 17 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 20 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 21 flea markets in France
- 22 Italy vacation rental help
- 23 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 24 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 25 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon