DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 2 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 3 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 4 Ireland or Scotland
- 5 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 6 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 7 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 8 Best beach town in Italy?
- 9 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 10 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 11 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 12 I dream of Europe
- 13 A Greek sojourn
- 14 Italy in October 2015
- 15 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 16 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 17 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 Halloween in Paris
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 21 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 22 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 London Trip Travel
- 25 Review of 4.5 days in London