DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 2 Looking for add on city
- 3 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 4 cell phones in France
- 5 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 6 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 7 A full week in The Netherlands
- 8 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 9 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 10 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 11 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 12 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 13 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 14 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 15 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 16 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 17 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 18 10 days in England
- 19 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 20 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 21 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 22 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 23 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 24 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 25 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??