DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
- 1 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 2 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 3 Anyone used Rive Gauche Rive Droit, or worked with William Royer?
- 4 separate beds in Frankfurt and Munich
- 5 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 6 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 7 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 8 France bed and breakfasts and restaurants in Provence, Vaison La Romaine, Uzès, Paris
- 9 East coast trains
- 10 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 11 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 12 Which tour company would be best?
- 13 First night after arriving in Milan
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 16 France by rail or car?
- 17 Planning my days in Paris
- 18 Suggestions for Istanbul Stayover
- 19 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 20 Otherchelebi and others in Istanbul
- 21 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 22 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 23 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 24 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 25 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati