DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 2 Paris: Best Baguette of 2015
- 3 Car travel from Munich-Fussen-Bad Ragaz-Interlaken: Roads?
- 4 Greenwich: Tube to DLR
- 5 Train Madrid-Granada-Seville?
- 6 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 7 Returning Oyster card at Kings Cross rail station in London
- 8 Spain in 17 days
- 9 Apartments in Rome you have rented and liked
- 10 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 11 Germany - Garmisch-Parkenkirchen - 3 Days Itinerary Advice
- 12 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 13 Exquisite side trip from Cinque Terre?
- 14 driving from Bordeaux to Paris
- 15 Paris and Normandy Trains
- 16 Inverness to Edinburgh Itinerary
- 17 German Wings
- 18 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 19 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 20 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 21 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 22 A week in Sicily doable or not?
- 23 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 24 best to buy euros in US, at airport casio, or bank in Brussels?
- 25 November or October for Andalucia/Portugal?