DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 2 Is it okay to wear a US service hat?
- 3 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 4 Dordogne in October
- 5 Mama Mia Italy!
- 6 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 7 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 8 guide through cities of Europe using stories
- 9 Crazy Trying to Rent a Car
- 10 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 11 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 12 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 13 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 14 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 15 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 16 3 weeks in Europe
- 17 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 18 Paris: Citypharma Du Four Bonaparte - a Trader Joe's for Beauty Items...
- 19 Bike touring in France
- 20 Areas Similar to Galway?
- 21 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 22 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 23 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 24 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 25 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe