DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 5 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 6 French open
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 tulips in the Netherland
- 9 England and Scotland
- 10 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 Azores
- 14 Azores
- 15 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 16 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Dublin to Armagh?
- 19 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 20 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 21 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 22 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 23 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 24 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German