DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 2 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 3 Madrid apartments
- 4 flea markets in France
- 5 London neighborhood suggestions
- 6 Two days to spend in northern Spain traveling by car
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 I need a haircut
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Timing a river cruise
- 11 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 We Need a Pact
- 14 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 15 Greece- general questions and itinerary
- 16 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 17 Tipping in Greece
- 18 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 19 Honeymooning in Europe
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Spain tips beyond safety
- 24 Small group for Colosseum
- 25 American electrical gadgets