DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 7 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 8 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 11 one last portugal car rental question
- 12 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 13 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 14 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 15 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 16 Europe in 21 days
- 17 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 18 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 19 Street food in Turkey
- 20 Dublin Hostels
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 9 days in turkey
- 24 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 25 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh