DH and I going in May, that is if we can find an acceptable hotel! I have spent all day reading trip advisor reviews and attempting to make reservations. Our requirements include great a.c. and nothing shabby. I was focusing on Monterosso, and was considering changing trip dates just to get the Porto Roco, but then I saw some reviews that knocked it...And I looked at some others in Monterosso but was turned off by the Rick Steves tour group places. I do not have the same tastes as R.S. though I do appreciate him and find him entertaining. Budget is flexible, but can't stomach Hotel Splendido in Portafino. Any other ideas?
Recommendations for Cinque terre
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna: Walk via Arcades to San Luca
- 2 Tour Guides or Tour Companies in Prague and Hotels
- 3 How do I divide my time up in Belgium
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 6 8 day May Road Trip - Best of France
- 7 Help with Lucerne in April
- 8 San Sebastian or Pamploma?
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June
- 11 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 12 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 13 Dublin to Cashel
- 14 Drug addict cleansing in France and Spain
- 15 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 16 From Bordeaux to Toulouse
- 17 Athens and which islands?
- 18 Please, please help us plan our trip to Europe!
- 19 Neuschwanstein to Linderhof by car
- 20 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 21 Input wanted on Budapest to Prague July trip
- 22 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 23 driving country-to-country: so many questions
- 24 Private guide in Germany - typical fees?
- 25 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!