We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 2 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 3 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 4 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 5 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 8 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 9 Fashion for larger man?
- 10 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 13 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 14 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 18 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 19 London 2nd time around
- 20 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 21 Traveling in France by train
- 22 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 23 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 24 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 25 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?