We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 2 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 3 Two days in Dublin
- 4 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 5 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 6 Venice tourist travel pass
- 7 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 8 Train from Sarlat
- 9 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 10 San Sebastian / Donostia
- 11 Trains
- 12 Airb2b in Paris
- 13 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 14 4 days in Scotland
- 15 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 16 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 17 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 18 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 21 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 22 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 23 malaga to madrid train ?
- 24 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS