We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 caroline_venezia
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 First time to Switzerland
- 5 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 6 Granada
- 7 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 8 Romantic Greece and Exciting Turkey : 2011 Trip Report
- 9 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 10 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 11 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 12 A Sardinia trip report
- 13 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 14 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 15 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 16 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 17 First time Ireland trip
- 18 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 19 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 20 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 23 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 24 22 year olds in Europe
- 25 Earthquakes in Tuscany