We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Reykjavik
- 2 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 6 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 7 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 8 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 11 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 12 Planning a European Trip
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 16 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 17 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 22 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 23 Andalucia itinerary help
- 24 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 25 Day Trips from Dunfermline