We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 Spain Itinerary Help
- 3 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 4 Ravello to Paestum
- 5 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 6 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 7 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 8 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 9 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 10 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 11 What Greek islands should I visit
- 12 Which order should I travel
- 13 Which order should I travel
- 14 Which order should I travel
- 15 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 18 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 19 Barcelona completely overrated
- 20 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 21 Girona and Besalau
- 22 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 23 Europe Destination with kids?
- 24 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 25 Cork or Galway?