We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 10 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 11 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets
- 13 4-6 weeks
- 14 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 15 Help With Vienna
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 22 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 23 Venice Banning Fodors
- 24 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 25 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11