We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
- 1 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 2 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 3 Montepulciano faves
- 4 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 5 Cuenca or Toledo
- 6 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 7 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 8 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 9 Cinque Terre or More Tuscan Villages?
- 10 Paris trip report
- 11 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 12 Reporting from Paris May 12-25
- 13 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 14 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 15 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 18 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 19 I Need To Vent!
- 20 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 21 Planning a honeymoon in Spain - most romantic areas??
- 22 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary
- 23 Where can we go from Genoa for three days
- 24 June Garden Event at Hever Castle.
- 25 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights