We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in April?
- 2 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 6 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 quiet hotel
- 9 He said , she said
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 Venice hotel selection
- 13 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 14 May trip to the islands
- 15 Where to stay in Rome
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 19 Augsburg with kids
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 25 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia