We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 3 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Which Train Station in Venice
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 What fresh hell is this?
- 10 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 11 Greek Village
- 12 Berlin
- 13 Bordeaux to Nice
- 14 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 17 SE ITALY
- 18 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 One free day in Barcelona
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 initial planning: Dublin, solo, February
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna