We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Super Cover For Hertz
- 2 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 3 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 4 Amalfi Coast help
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 11 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 15 Where to buy Saffron?
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 18 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 19 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 20 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 25 Is it worth it to drive into Positano...& Amalfi Coast by land or sea?