We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recommendations for base town
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stay away from EF Tours
- 2 Madrid and London
- 3 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 4 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 5 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 6 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 7 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 8 Ireland driving vacation
- 9 I went to Paris in June
- 10 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 11 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 12 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 13 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 14 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 15 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 16 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 17 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 18 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 19 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 20 I'm in a funk
- 21 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 22 Bike touring in France
- 23 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 24 Things to do near Nice
- 25 Student Visas/Schengen Zone