We are exploring various options where we can be based for our summer holidays in 2013. We would like to be based in towns similar to Zell Am See in Austria or slightly bigger towns like Garmisch in Germany.
We will be 2 adults and 2 children below 12 years. We will be using the public transport and will not have a car so would prefer some place with good connectivity. We are not into hiking but prefer some nice cable car excursions. Also, the place should have eateries with local food.
Any recommendations are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi or Positano
- 2 Train from Lille to Delft
- 3 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 4 Please suggest a hike from Ravello- with kids
- 5 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 6 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 7 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 8 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 9 Spain/France/Italy/UK
- 10 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 11 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 12 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 13 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 14 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 15 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 16 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 17 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 18 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 19 Lake Maggiore, Italy
- 20 First Time Europe Trip
- 21 Poland in September
- 22 Need a meeting point suggestion in southern France
- 23 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 24 Romantic Restaurants in Venice?
- 25 Tour or independent