We're in the middle of a 5-week stay in Italy (no, this is not the trip report yet!), and we've recently arrived in Verona. It was pouring rain today, and really cold.
So we went to the Robert Capa photography exhibit as a dry escape. It was truly outstanding. The exhibit runs through September 16, 2012 and I recommend it to anyone who will be through Verona before then.
Why it was so outstanding:
1) the photos were very well selected and exhibited. Framed and lit wonderfully.
2) the write-ups and descriptions throughout the exhibit were quite compelling, and historically eye-opening.
3) the exhibit is set underground amidst Etruscan ruins. So you actually get a 2 for 1 exhibit!
Robert Capa was a war photographer between 1932-1954, and quite intrepid. Example: he was with the first wave of soldiers onto Omaha Beach on D-Day.
Here's the link to the exhibit:
I'm posting this as it has been one of the highlights of our trip so far.....and very unexpected.
Hope others get the chance to enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://supplementch3mistry.com/skin-novela/
- 2 dinner jackets
- 3 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 6 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 7 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 8 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 11 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 12 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 13 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 14 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 15 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 16 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 19 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 20 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 2 weeks Europe trip
- 24 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 25 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?