We're in the middle of a 5-week stay in Italy (no, this is not the trip report yet!), and we've recently arrived in Verona. It was pouring rain today, and really cold.
So we went to the Robert Capa photography exhibit as a dry escape. It was truly outstanding. The exhibit runs through September 16, 2012 and I recommend it to anyone who will be through Verona before then.
Why it was so outstanding:
1) the photos were very well selected and exhibited. Framed and lit wonderfully.
2) the write-ups and descriptions throughout the exhibit were quite compelling, and historically eye-opening.
3) the exhibit is set underground amidst Etruscan ruins. So you actually get a 2 for 1 exhibit!
Robert Capa was a war photographer between 1932-1954, and quite intrepid. Example: he was with the first wave of soldiers onto Omaha Beach on D-Day.
Here's the link to the exhibit:
I'm posting this as it has been one of the highlights of our trip so far.....and very unexpected.
Hope others get the chance to enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Long weekend in Albania
- 7 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 10 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 scotland itinerary
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 17 Hotel in Florence
- 18 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 19 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 20 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 21 Malta - how to do it?
- 22 Using CPAP machine in France
- 23 Castle Stays in Wales
- 24 Uk and Ireland
- 25 Sao Miguel in November