We're in the middle of a 5-week stay in Italy (no, this is not the trip report yet!), and we've recently arrived in Verona. It was pouring rain today, and really cold.
So we went to the Robert Capa photography exhibit as a dry escape. It was truly outstanding. The exhibit runs through September 16, 2012 and I recommend it to anyone who will be through Verona before then.
Why it was so outstanding:
1) the photos were very well selected and exhibited. Framed and lit wonderfully.
2) the write-ups and descriptions throughout the exhibit were quite compelling, and historically eye-opening.
3) the exhibit is set underground amidst Etruscan ruins. So you actually get a 2 for 1 exhibit!
Robert Capa was a war photographer between 1932-1954, and quite intrepid. Example: he was with the first wave of soldiers onto Omaha Beach on D-Day.
Here's the link to the exhibit:
I'm posting this as it has been one of the highlights of our trip so far.....and very unexpected.
Hope others get the chance to enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://djpunjabimp3.com/videos/dil-haar-ke-mp3-song-download/
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 6 free international phone calls
- 7 International drivers permit
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 11 France Study Abroad
- 12 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 13 Paris and Normandy
- 14 Sicily Beach Resort
- 15 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 16 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 17 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 18 Two days in Rome
- 19 Classical Tour of Albania
- 20 First visit to London
- 21 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 22 Anniversary trip to France
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)