We're in the middle of a 5-week stay in Italy (no, this is not the trip report yet!), and we've recently arrived in Verona. It was pouring rain today, and really cold.
So we went to the Robert Capa photography exhibit as a dry escape. It was truly outstanding. The exhibit runs through September 16, 2012 and I recommend it to anyone who will be through Verona before then.
Why it was so outstanding:
1) the photos were very well selected and exhibited. Framed and lit wonderfully.
2) the write-ups and descriptions throughout the exhibit were quite compelling, and historically eye-opening.
3) the exhibit is set underground amidst Etruscan ruins. So you actually get a 2 for 1 exhibit!
Robert Capa was a war photographer between 1932-1954, and quite intrepid. Example: he was with the first wave of soldiers onto Omaha Beach on D-Day.
Here's the link to the exhibit:
I'm posting this as it has been one of the highlights of our trip so far.....and very unexpected.
Hope others get the chance to enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 7 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 8 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 9 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 10 barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Regarding Residence Permit
- 12 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 13 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Les Invalides Night Show
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 19 Which Day?
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 25 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday