We're in the middle of a 5-week stay in Italy (no, this is not the trip report yet!), and we've recently arrived in Verona. It was pouring rain today, and really cold.
So we went to the Robert Capa photography exhibit as a dry escape. It was truly outstanding. The exhibit runs through September 16, 2012 and I recommend it to anyone who will be through Verona before then.
Why it was so outstanding:
1) the photos were very well selected and exhibited. Framed and lit wonderfully.
2) the write-ups and descriptions throughout the exhibit were quite compelling, and historically eye-opening.
3) the exhibit is set underground amidst Etruscan ruins. So you actually get a 2 for 1 exhibit!
Robert Capa was a war photographer between 1932-1954, and quite intrepid. Example: he was with the first wave of soldiers onto Omaha Beach on D-Day.
Here's the link to the exhibit:
I'm posting this as it has been one of the highlights of our trip so far.....and very unexpected.
Hope others get the chance to enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 3 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 4 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 5 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 6 Studying art in English in venice
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 11 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 12 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 13 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 14 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 17 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 18 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 19 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 20 Trogir or Split
- 21 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Hotels in Turin
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Istria in two days