We're in the middle of a 5-week stay in Italy (no, this is not the trip report yet!), and we've recently arrived in Verona. It was pouring rain today, and really cold.
So we went to the Robert Capa photography exhibit as a dry escape. It was truly outstanding. The exhibit runs through September 16, 2012 and I recommend it to anyone who will be through Verona before then.
Why it was so outstanding:
1) the photos were very well selected and exhibited. Framed and lit wonderfully.
2) the write-ups and descriptions throughout the exhibit were quite compelling, and historically eye-opening.
3) the exhibit is set underground amidst Etruscan ruins. So you actually get a 2 for 1 exhibit!
Robert Capa was a war photographer between 1932-1954, and quite intrepid. Example: he was with the first wave of soldiers onto Omaha Beach on D-Day.
Here's the link to the exhibit:
I'm posting this as it has been one of the highlights of our trip so far.....and very unexpected.
Hope others get the chance to enjoy!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 2 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 3 Train up the Jungfrau
- 4 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...