I'm just after some recommendations/suggestions for some smaller seaside towns and fishing villages within easy reach of Dublin.
We're looking at spending 3-4 days in Ireland in May but want to see a bit more than just the capital.
Food is the big focus, so I was hoping to find some cracking seafood and great little pubs to spend some time in. Somewhere to go walking for a few hours in the morning wouldn't hurt either.
I was hoping to avoid having to rent a car, so somewhere easily accessible by train/taxi combination from Dublin would be ideal.
I've had a few people mention Skerries and Howth to me ... are these the best options? Was worried Howth was a little too close to Dublin to offer much diversity.
I'm happy to travel a bit further if necessary.
Also ... how long to we need to explore Dublin ... would 2 nights be too much?
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Trip suggestion
- 4 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 7 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 8 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 9 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 12 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 13 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 14 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 15 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 16 Acorn TV
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 25 6-7 Days in France
Recommend Seaside Town / Fishing Village within easy reach of Dublin