I'm just after some recommendations/suggestions for some smaller seaside towns and fishing villages within easy reach of Dublin.
We're looking at spending 3-4 days in Ireland in May but want to see a bit more than just the capital.
Food is the big focus, so I was hoping to find some cracking seafood and great little pubs to spend some time in. Somewhere to go walking for a few hours in the morning wouldn't hurt either.
I was hoping to avoid having to rent a car, so somewhere easily accessible by train/taxi combination from Dublin would be ideal.
I've had a few people mention Skerries and Howth to me ... are these the best options? Was worried Howth was a little too close to Dublin to offer much diversity.
I'm happy to travel a bit further if necessary.
Also ... how long to we need to explore Dublin ... would 2 nights be too much?
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid food advice needed
- 2 Need help in completing trip details
- 3 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Split to Hvar
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 9 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 10 Which area to stay in London
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 13 Algarve - is it for me?
- 14 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 15 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 16 Itinery help Crete
- 17 Naples + Walking Tour
- 18 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 19 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 24 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 25 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
Recommend Seaside Town / Fishing Village within easy reach of Dublin