I'm just after some recommendations/suggestions for some smaller seaside towns and fishing villages within easy reach of Dublin.
We're looking at spending 3-4 days in Ireland in May but want to see a bit more than just the capital.
Food is the big focus, so I was hoping to find some cracking seafood and great little pubs to spend some time in. Somewhere to go walking for a few hours in the morning wouldn't hurt either.
I was hoping to avoid having to rent a car, so somewhere easily accessible by train/taxi combination from Dublin would be ideal.
I've had a few people mention Skerries and Howth to me ... are these the best options? Was worried Howth was a little too close to Dublin to offer much diversity.
I'm happy to travel a bit further if necessary.
Also ... how long to we need to explore Dublin ... would 2 nights be too much?
Thanks in Advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 2 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 3 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Italy
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 Revised itinerary for italy
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Juangfrau / mt
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights
Recommend Seaside Town / Fishing Village within easy reach of Dublin