We're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 7 days/6 nights in Iceland. Great posts here have got us geared up for things that, sigh, are at 4 points of the compass (Golden Circle, Thors-mork, Vatnajokull, Dettifoss and Myvatan.) Here's my question: In driving the Ring Road, how many miles/kms can you realistically make in a day? Appreciate this might not be your ideal plan for visiting Iceland, but it's ours and I would really, really appreciate some guidance on realistic driving times out there on main road. Thanks. R
Realistic Driving Times
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Rome
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 7 days in Greece
- 4 May trip to the islands
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Venice hotel selection
- 8 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 9 Augsburg with kids
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 12 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 13 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 17 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 18 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 19 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 20 Paris in April?
- 21 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 22 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 23 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 24 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 25 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken