I am going to Spain in June (Barcelona, Granada, and Seville) and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good books to read. Not travel guides, but fiction set in these places, biographies etc. I just finished a trio of biographies on Catherine of Aragon, Isabella and Ferdinand and would love some new books that either shed some light on the history of these areas or are set in these locales...
I saw a similar thread last week about books and Italy, and everyone here is so knowledgeable, I thought I'd try here for recommendations on Spain.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and...?
- 2 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 3 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 4 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 5 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 8 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Driving in Italy
- 12 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 13 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 14 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 15 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 16 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 17 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 18 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 19 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 20 Paris to Bordeaux
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 23 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 24 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!