I am going to Spain in June (Barcelona, Granada, and Seville) and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good books to read. Not travel guides, but fiction set in these places, biographies etc. I just finished a trio of biographies on Catherine of Aragon, Isabella and Ferdinand and would love some new books that either shed some light on the history of these areas or are set in these locales...
I saw a similar thread last week about books and Italy, and everyone here is so knowledgeable, I thought I'd try here for recommendations on Spain.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 2 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 PARIS
- 5 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 6 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 November in Rome
- 9 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Alitala
- 12 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 13 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 14 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 15 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 16 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 17 Trip Report: 17 glorious days in Northern Spain
- 18 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 19 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 20 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Sicily help
- 25 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!