Whenever I go away I try to read literature based on or at my destination, for example when I went to Sardinia I packed Sea and Sardinia by DH Lawrence. I find that reading these books when travelling through a place really brings them to life.
A friend just wrote a blog post for me ( http://loco2.com/blog/2012/06/great-railway-journeys-train-books/ ) on rail journeys inspired by novels and it got me thinking there must be lots of books featuring trains/railways that I am not familiar with.
I wondered whether there are any other books featuring trains or train journeys that you know of that you can recommend? I tagged this with some destinations but really I'm thinking Europe wide.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Watch "The Dark Tower" 2017 Online hd-free full download#
- 2 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 3 Watch Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 2017 Online hd-free
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Europe itinerary help!
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 11 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 14 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 15 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 16 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 17 Best Greek Island
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 22 Corsica and Sardinia
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Regarding Residence Permit
- 25 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION