I am trying to book a train from Paris to Antwerp and return trip and on many train itinerary options it says, for example :
11:03 (Antwerpen) - 13:53 (Aeroport CDG 2 TGV)
Train 9224 - Reservation not included
Train 9828 - Reservation included
What does 'Reservation not included' mean exactly ??
Does it mean :
(a) You will pay €85.20 but this only includes the ticket price for 'Train 9828'. For 'Train 9224' you would have to purchase the ticket when you get to the train station, on a first come first served basis ...
(b) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. Your seat is confirmed and reserved on 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' reservations are not possible and seats are available on a first come first served basis. If seats are not available, then you need to take the next train etc ... in which case you might probably miss your connecting 'Train 9828' etc etc
(c) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. But in addition to ticket price, there is another component which is a 'price to reserve the seat'. The price of reservation is included for 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' the price reservation is not included
So what does it mean ? I read on some questions posted online on forums and seems (c) is the answer. But then, how and where do I buy the 'reservation' for that train ? Another thing that really puzzles me, why sell the the train ticket, but not include the reservation ?
Last question : What does 'Train' mean ? Does it mean TGV, Thalys, Eurostar ? For some trains it is clearly stated for example 'Thalys 9352' or 'TGV 5118' so we know which train company, but 'Train' means ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Our future trip to Greece
- 3 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 4 Russia in two weeks in December
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Christmas Day in Granada
- 9 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 10 car insurance italy
- 11 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 12 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 13 Venice/Mestre
- 14 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 15 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 16 Spanish Medical Providers
- 17 Transylvania - June 2018
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 20 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 21 Krakow
- 22 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 23 Quizz !
- 24 Pay attention to your watches !
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP