I am trying to book a train from Paris to Antwerp and return trip and on many train itinerary options it says, for example :
11:03 (Antwerpen) - 13:53 (Aeroport CDG 2 TGV)
Train 9224 - Reservation not included
Train 9828 - Reservation included
What does 'Reservation not included' mean exactly ??
Does it mean :
(a) You will pay €85.20 but this only includes the ticket price for 'Train 9828'. For 'Train 9224' you would have to purchase the ticket when you get to the train station, on a first come first served basis ...
(b) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. Your seat is confirmed and reserved on 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' reservations are not possible and seats are available on a first come first served basis. If seats are not available, then you need to take the next train etc ... in which case you might probably miss your connecting 'Train 9828' etc etc
(c) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. But in addition to ticket price, there is another component which is a 'price to reserve the seat'. The price of reservation is included for 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' the price reservation is not included
So what does it mean ? I read on some questions posted online on forums and seems (c) is the answer. But then, how and where do I buy the 'reservation' for that train ? Another thing that really puzzles me, why sell the the train ticket, but not include the reservation ?
Last question : What does 'Train' mean ? Does it mean TGV, Thalys, Eurostar ? For some trains it is clearly stated for example 'Thalys 9352' or 'TGV 5118' so we know which train company, but 'Train' means ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 2 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 3 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 4 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 5 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 6 What tips can you give about packing?
- 7 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 8 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 9 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 10 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 11 Prague
- 12 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 16 Amsterdam hotels during summer
- 17 A week in Paris
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 2 Months in Sicily
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 London GTG in June, Anyone?