I am trying to book a train from Paris to Antwerp and return trip and on many train itinerary options it says, for example :
11:03 (Antwerpen) - 13:53 (Aeroport CDG 2 TGV)
Train 9224 - Reservation not included
Train 9828 - Reservation included
What does 'Reservation not included' mean exactly ??
Does it mean :
(a) You will pay €85.20 but this only includes the ticket price for 'Train 9828'. For 'Train 9224' you would have to purchase the ticket when you get to the train station, on a first come first served basis ...
(b) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. Your seat is confirmed and reserved on 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' reservations are not possible and seats are available on a first come first served basis. If seats are not available, then you need to take the next train etc ... in which case you might probably miss your connecting 'Train 9828' etc etc
(c) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. But in addition to ticket price, there is another component which is a 'price to reserve the seat'. The price of reservation is included for 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' the price reservation is not included
So what does it mean ? I read on some questions posted online on forums and seems (c) is the answer. But then, how and where do I buy the 'reservation' for that train ? Another thing that really puzzles me, why sell the the train ticket, but not include the reservation ?
Last question : What does 'Train' mean ? Does it mean TGV, Thalys, Eurostar ? For some trains it is clearly stated for example 'Thalys 9352' or 'TGV 5118' so we know which train company, but 'Train' means ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CHARTER@ password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 3 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 4 Scotland in December
- 5 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 6 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 9 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 10 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 11 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 12 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 13 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 14 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 15 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 18 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 19 10 days in London in early December
- 20 Iceland
- 21 Greece
- 22 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 23 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 24 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 25 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice