I am trying to book a train from Paris to Antwerp and return trip and on many train itinerary options it says, for example :
11:03 (Antwerpen) - 13:53 (Aeroport CDG 2 TGV)
Train 9224 - Reservation not included
Train 9828 - Reservation included
What does 'Reservation not included' mean exactly ??
Does it mean :
(a) You will pay €85.20 but this only includes the ticket price for 'Train 9828'. For 'Train 9224' you would have to purchase the ticket when you get to the train station, on a first come first served basis ...
(b) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. Your seat is confirmed and reserved on 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' reservations are not possible and seats are available on a first come first served basis. If seats are not available, then you need to take the next train etc ... in which case you might probably miss your connecting 'Train 9828' etc etc
(c) The €85.20 includes the ticket price for both 'Train 9828' and 'Train 9224'. But in addition to ticket price, there is another component which is a 'price to reserve the seat'. The price of reservation is included for 'Train 9828' but for 'Train 9224' the price reservation is not included
So what does it mean ? I read on some questions posted online on forums and seems (c) is the answer. But then, how and where do I buy the 'reservation' for that train ? Another thing that really puzzles me, why sell the the train ticket, but not include the reservation ?
Last question : What does 'Train' mean ? Does it mean TGV, Thalys, Eurostar ? For some trains it is clearly stated for example 'Thalys 9352' or 'TGV 5118' so we know which train company, but 'Train' means ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 2 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 3 Les Invalides Night Show
- 4 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 5 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 6 barcelona neighborhood
- 7 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 8 Which Day?
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 12 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 15 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 16 Tracking the Weather
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 19 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 20 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 21 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 22 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 23 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 24 Shorts in South of France?
- 25 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona