In August of '17 I will be in Zermatt for a couple days and the want to take the train to Varenna, Italy and then to Milan for our flight home. Quite honestly the rail sites thoroughly confuse me. My question is: Can I use Rail Europe for both tickets or do I need a Swiss pass for the Zermatt to Lake Como leg? Also, can I use the discounts of the train ticket before I use it for my first day of travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 8 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 9 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 10 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 11 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 12 Help required with Itinerary
- 13 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 14 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Campervan in Croatia
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 20 Cell Phone Question
- 21 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 K-Day
- 24 UK Visa Help
- 25 Skye to Edinburgh