says a report from Man in Seat 61, the current guru of European trains - on his site - as of December, with advent of winter schedules there will be no overnight trains between Rome and Florence and Paris - the Venice to Paris trains will continue to run, for now.
Poor service and a low occupancy rate - 30% Man in Seat 61 says - doomed the service.
So for all those folks during the past several months I said could take an overnight train between Rome and Florence and Paris - saving time and a night in a hotel cost, not possible on this route after wingter schedules come into effect this December.
And I lament this turn of events - I have ridden zillions of overnight trains all over Europe and love them for their utilitarian nature and also they are always an adventure - especially in couchettes where strangers and sexes are mixed in together - you never know who your compartment mates will be - mainly I've had some great experiences and conversations along with some fiascoes - but generally nice folk - though you can no longer hop a night train between Rome and Florence to Paris there are still zillions of overnight trains running in Europe.
Consider them for an adventure if you've never taken any!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 gare de nord
- 2 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 3 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 4 BIKE AND BARGE
- 5 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 6 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 7 http://thebeautysystem.com/silqueskin-serum
- 8 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 9 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 10 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 11 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 12 Flamenco in Madrid
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 14 London - Home Depot
- 15 The Different Methods To Creating Attraction
- 16 This informative article brings out one distinctive
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 19 awesome website for cheap soccer jerseys
- 20 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 21 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 22 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 23 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 24 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 25 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
Rail News: Rome/Florence to Paris Night Trains to Be Scrubbed...