My parents are doing a Viking Cruise next year, and we would like to meet them in Salzburg afterwards. They have never been to Europe and never traveled rail. They will be starting from Budapest. Airfare is not the most reasonable, so I started looking at rail. Is traveling by rail safe and simple for people over 65? Are their luggage restrictions? Is there a big difference between first and second class fare amenities? I see there is a direct rail line between the two cities which is very fortunate! Thanks in advance for any advice!
Rail from Budapest to Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 2 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 3 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen : Help pick a guest house/pension
- 5 Bregenz or Lindau
- 6 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 7 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 8 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 9 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 10 Weekend in Norfolk
- 11 Winter in Paris
- 12 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 13 I need some big advice!
- 14 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 15 Last full day in Paris - Canal St Martin area.
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Checking or storing luggage at FCO
- 18 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 23 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 Best beach town in Italy?