My parents are doing a Viking Cruise next year, and we would like to meet them in Salzburg afterwards. They have never been to Europe and never traveled rail. They will be starting from Budapest. Airfare is not the most reasonable, so I started looking at rail. Is traveling by rail safe and simple for people over 65? Are their luggage restrictions? Is there a big difference between first and second class fare amenities? I see there is a direct rail line between the two cities which is very fortunate! Thanks in advance for any advice!
Rail from Budapest to Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 weeks in the UK
- 2 Working Holiday in Germany
- 3 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 4 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 5 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 6 Itinerary advise needed
- 7 Is this the right way<>?
- 8 Does Roma Pass covers free admission to Colosseum ?
- 9 Solo in Paris for a month: Help me decide on Side Trips
- 10 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 11 Provence in November
- 12 Rome Areas to stay
- 13 Italy 14 days
- 14 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 15 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 16 When to go to Sicily
- 17 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 18 Kimhe--flamenco
- 19 Wengen to Torino?
- 20 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 21 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 22 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 23 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 24 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 25 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks