My parents are doing a Viking Cruise next year, and we would like to meet them in Salzburg afterwards. They have never been to Europe and never traveled rail. They will be starting from Budapest. Airfare is not the most reasonable, so I started looking at rail. Is traveling by rail safe and simple for people over 65? Are their luggage restrictions? Is there a big difference between first and second class fare amenities? I see there is a direct rail line between the two cities which is very fortunate! Thanks in advance for any advice!
Rail from Budapest to Salzburg
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 La Sagrada Familia
- 3 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 4 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 5 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 6 Expat area's in France
- 7 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 8 Aaah...Umbria!
- 9 Sorrento Advice Please
- 10 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 13 Do I need train tix in advance
- 14 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 15 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 16 Cyprus photo gallery
- 17 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 18 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 19 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 20 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 21 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 22 Schengen rule made easy
- 23 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 24 Need help with itinerary
- 25 Cornwall or Paris?