Another cloting question for the women. I was in a travel store this week-end and found a coat that is extremely light weight which would make it great to wear around on trips where you are in and out of buildings or to stuff in a suitcase. The brand is Kiko. It is very light weight silk with a poly fiberfill type of stuffing and has silk lining. The price was right--reduced from $350 (which you'd have to be a fool to pay) to $97. Here is my question. What type of temperature range would this coat work for? I tried it out around the block the other day when it was about 30. It wasn't warm enough for that. The clerk had no clue about the coat. Does anyone have anything similar and can you tell me about what temperature ranges you are comfortable in it. After I got it home I started to wonder if maybe it is similar in warmth to a quilted silk blazer for indoor wear. but then again why would it be long if that were the case. I looked on TravelSmith and Magellan to see if they have anything similar but couldn't find anything. thanks.
Quilted polyester filled silk travel coat--anyone have anything similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 2 No points in Paris .....
- 3 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 4 best time to book accommodation
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 9 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 13 Chip but no PIN
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 17 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 20 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma