Another cloting question for the women. I was in a travel store this week-end and found a coat that is extremely light weight which would make it great to wear around on trips where you are in and out of buildings or to stuff in a suitcase. The brand is Kiko. It is very light weight silk with a poly fiberfill type of stuffing and has silk lining. The price was right--reduced from $350 (which you'd have to be a fool to pay) to $97. Here is my question. What type of temperature range would this coat work for? I tried it out around the block the other day when it was about 30. It wasn't warm enough for that. The clerk had no clue about the coat. Does anyone have anything similar and can you tell me about what temperature ranges you are comfortable in it. After I got it home I started to wonder if maybe it is similar in warmth to a quilted silk blazer for indoor wear. but then again why would it be long if that were the case. I looked on TravelSmith and Magellan to see if they have anything similar but couldn't find anything. thanks.
Quilted polyester filled silk travel coat--anyone have anything similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 2 Question about Liberation Day in the Netherlands
- 3 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 4 Cell phones- London and Paris
- 5 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 6 3 Months in Europe (25 April - 24 July 2015)
- 7 Italian itinerary ~ 28 days - review and assistance
- 8 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 9 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 10 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 11 Transports in Santorini
- 12 Driving from milan to san vigiglio di Marebee .
- 13 Portugal and Spain itinerary help -- 11 days in the end of Nov. 2014
- 14 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 15 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 16 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 17 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 18 Olive Oil
- 19 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 22 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 23 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 24 Ortisei and Castelrotto trip report
- 25 Trip Report : North of Spain