Another cloting question for the women. I was in a travel store this week-end and found a coat that is extremely light weight which would make it great to wear around on trips where you are in and out of buildings or to stuff in a suitcase. The brand is Kiko. It is very light weight silk with a poly fiberfill type of stuffing and has silk lining. The price was right--reduced from $350 (which you'd have to be a fool to pay) to $97. Here is my question. What type of temperature range would this coat work for? I tried it out around the block the other day when it was about 30. It wasn't warm enough for that. The clerk had no clue about the coat. Does anyone have anything similar and can you tell me about what temperature ranges you are comfortable in it. After I got it home I started to wonder if maybe it is similar in warmth to a quilted silk blazer for indoor wear. but then again why would it be long if that were the case. I looked on TravelSmith and Magellan to see if they have anything similar but couldn't find anything. thanks.
Quilted polyester filled silk travel coat--anyone have anything similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 2 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 3 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 4 4-6 weeks
- 5 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 8 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 9 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 10 Eiffel tower tickets
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Venice Banning Fodors
- 13 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 France, Italy and Greec
- 20 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 23 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 24 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 25 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)