Another cloting question for the women. I was in a travel store this week-end and found a coat that is extremely light weight which would make it great to wear around on trips where you are in and out of buildings or to stuff in a suitcase. The brand is Kiko. It is very light weight silk with a poly fiberfill type of stuffing and has silk lining. The price was right--reduced from $350 (which you'd have to be a fool to pay) to $97. Here is my question. What type of temperature range would this coat work for? I tried it out around the block the other day when it was about 30. It wasn't warm enough for that. The clerk had no clue about the coat. Does anyone have anything similar and can you tell me about what temperature ranges you are comfortable in it. After I got it home I started to wonder if maybe it is similar in warmth to a quilted silk blazer for indoor wear. but then again why would it be long if that were the case. I looked on TravelSmith and Magellan to see if they have anything similar but couldn't find anything. thanks.
Quilted polyester filled silk travel coat--anyone have anything similar?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 2 Aix en Provence
- 3 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 4 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 5 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 6 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 7 Spanish Music
- 8 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 9 Itinerary help
- 10 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 11 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 12 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 13 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 14 Austria & Bavaria – A week-long winter getaway
- 15 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 16 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 17 Things to do in/around Milan
- 18 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 19 Day Trips from Paris
- 20 Ireland's west coast
- 21 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 22 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 23 South of Switzerland
- 24 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy
- 25 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?