Planning our first ever visit to Europe. Five nights in Paris followed by three or four nights in the Loire Valley. I have wanted to see the chateaux ever since I learned about them in high school French (a long time ago!).
We are renting self catering apartments (plan is first half France, second half Italy). I have a couple of choices in the Loire Valley picked out, but I'm agonizing over the decision. I originally chose Amboise as our base city, but my friend who's visited a few times says that may be too "citified" for us. We will have a car. Then I read about the village of Montresor. The idea is, we will explore during the days and then come home and create a meal on our little terrace. Perhaps we may wander back out for a nightcap or a meal one nights, so although we like our privacy, don't want to be totally isolated. We also plan on renting a couple of bikes to do some of the exploring...what are your thoughts?.
Here is our pick for Amboise:
And look what I found in Montresor:
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 2 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 3 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 4 Cordoba Overnight?
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 7 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 8 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 9 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 10 Sintra
- 11 Scotland Trip Report
- 12 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 13 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 14 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 18 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 19 Kayaking in Avignon
- 20 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 21 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 22 4 days in Provence in early June
- 23 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 24 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 25 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid