Planning our first ever visit to Europe. Five nights in Paris followed by three or four nights in the Loire Valley. I have wanted to see the chateaux ever since I learned about them in high school French (a long time ago!).
We are renting self catering apartments (plan is first half France, second half Italy). I have a couple of choices in the Loire Valley picked out, but I'm agonizing over the decision. I originally chose Amboise as our base city, but my friend who's visited a few times says that may be too "citified" for us. We will have a car. Then I read about the village of Montresor. The idea is, we will explore during the days and then come home and create a meal on our little terrace. Perhaps we may wander back out for a nightcap or a meal one nights, so although we like our privacy, don't want to be totally isolated. We also plan on renting a couple of bikes to do some of the exploring...what are your thoughts?.
Here is our pick for Amboise:
And look what I found in Montresor:
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to Improve the Lives of Travelers
- 2 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 3 Iceland Day 5
- 4 Holland/France/Spain
- 5 Scotland Trip
- 6 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 10 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 11 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 12 Montenegro in September
- 13 3 week stay in Scotland
- 14 Paris, France
- 15 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 16 sfo to europe
- 17 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 18 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 19 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 20 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 21 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 22 What one thing in Paris?
- 23 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 24 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 25 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience