Planning our first ever visit to Europe. Five nights in Paris followed by three or four nights in the Loire Valley. I have wanted to see the chateaux ever since I learned about them in high school French (a long time ago!).
We are renting self catering apartments (plan is first half France, second half Italy). I have a couple of choices in the Loire Valley picked out, but I'm agonizing over the decision. I originally chose Amboise as our base city, but my friend who's visited a few times says that may be too "citified" for us. We will have a car. Then I read about the village of Montresor. The idea is, we will explore during the days and then come home and create a meal on our little terrace. Perhaps we may wander back out for a nightcap or a meal one nights, so although we like our privacy, don't want to be totally isolated. We also plan on renting a couple of bikes to do some of the exploring...what are your thoughts?.
Here is our pick for Amboise:
And look what I found in Montresor:
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG airport and connection time
- 2 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 3 Paris Metro
- 4 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 7 A few days outside Rome
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 10 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 11 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 12 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 15 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 16 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 17 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 18 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 19 getting to CDG
- 20 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 21 Cambrils
- 22 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 23 Amalfi Coast help
- 24 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs