Planning our first ever visit to Europe. Five nights in Paris followed by three or four nights in the Loire Valley. I have wanted to see the chateaux ever since I learned about them in high school French (a long time ago!).
We are renting self catering apartments (plan is first half France, second half Italy). I have a couple of choices in the Loire Valley picked out, but I'm agonizing over the decision. I originally chose Amboise as our base city, but my friend who's visited a few times says that may be too "citified" for us. We will have a car. Then I read about the village of Montresor. The idea is, we will explore during the days and then come home and create a meal on our little terrace. Perhaps we may wander back out for a nightcap or a meal one nights, so although we like our privacy, don't want to be totally isolated. We also plan on renting a couple of bikes to do some of the exploring...what are your thoughts?.
Here is our pick for Amboise:
And look what I found in Montresor:
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theoxenia on Santorini
- 2 Spanish food - not that special?
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Rome travel book, Nice extra
- 5 Chania
- 6 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 7 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 13 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 14 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 22 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 23 Car rental in Santorini port
- 24 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 25 Renting a car in Greece