I'll start by saying our tickets are already booked, so an open jaw purchase isn't an option at this point. We have tickets booked from Boston to Barcelona via Dublin (Aer Lingus) in June. One member of our party has a conference in Barcelona at the end of our trip (he's staying longer) so our plan was to visit S. Spain for about 6 days, then fly back to BCN for a few nights, two of us fly home, and he stays on for his conference.
Our original idea was to arrive in Barcelona in the morning from our overnight flight, stay one night in Barcelona, then sometime the next day fly to Granada for a six day tour of Andalusia (flying back to BCN from Seville). We figured we'd be tired from the overnight flight, and would get in a little sight seeing in Barcelona the day we arrive, go to bed at a normal local time to get acclimated, then sometime mid-day the next head to Granada.
Now I'm wondering given our limited time if we should just tough it out and plan on flying to Granada around mid-day the day we arrive in BCN. Our overseas flight arrives around 10 am. There is a 1:20 Vueling flight to Granada. I know that would mean a long gap we'd just have to wait around. But would we gain anything by just sticking it out at the airport and continuing on to S. Spain and avoid a to/from airport turn around the next day? This would give us an extra night in S. Spain.
It makes an exhausting sounding first day, but at the same time we have the enthusiasm for the start of our trip working in our favor.
Also, for those who have taking flights within Spain, how long in advance of your flight did you arrive at the airport? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://gomusclebuilding.com/ascend-garcinia/
- 2 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 14 Athens
- 15 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 16 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 17 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 20 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 21 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 24 Budapest & Prague
- 25 Traveling Greece without reservations
Quick one night in Barcelona before S. Spain, or go straight?