I'll start by saying our tickets are already booked, so an open jaw purchase isn't an option at this point. We have tickets booked from Boston to Barcelona via Dublin (Aer Lingus) in June. One member of our party has a conference in Barcelona at the end of our trip (he's staying longer) so our plan was to visit S. Spain for about 6 days, then fly back to BCN for a few nights, two of us fly home, and he stays on for his conference.
Our original idea was to arrive in Barcelona in the morning from our overnight flight, stay one night in Barcelona, then sometime the next day fly to Granada for a six day tour of Andalusia (flying back to BCN from Seville). We figured we'd be tired from the overnight flight, and would get in a little sight seeing in Barcelona the day we arrive, go to bed at a normal local time to get acclimated, then sometime mid-day the next head to Granada.
Now I'm wondering given our limited time if we should just tough it out and plan on flying to Granada around mid-day the day we arrive in BCN. Our overseas flight arrives around 10 am. There is a 1:20 Vueling flight to Granada. I know that would mean a long gap we'd just have to wait around. But would we gain anything by just sticking it out at the airport and continuing on to S. Spain and avoid a to/from airport turn around the next day? This would give us an extra night in S. Spain.
It makes an exhausting sounding first day, but at the same time we have the enthusiasm for the start of our trip working in our favor.
Also, for those who have taking flights within Spain, how long in advance of your flight did you arrive at the airport? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Castle Stays in Wales
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 8 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 9 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 10 Can parking
- 11 italy Cinque Terre
- 12 San Sebastián
- 13 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 14 Zurich to Milan trip
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 23 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 24 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 25 Arenalullring area Seville?
Quick one night in Barcelona before S. Spain, or go straight?