I'll start by saying our tickets are already booked, so an open jaw purchase isn't an option at this point. We have tickets booked from Boston to Barcelona via Dublin (Aer Lingus) in June. One member of our party has a conference in Barcelona at the end of our trip (he's staying longer) so our plan was to visit S. Spain for about 6 days, then fly back to BCN for a few nights, two of us fly home, and he stays on for his conference.
Our original idea was to arrive in Barcelona in the morning from our overnight flight, stay one night in Barcelona, then sometime the next day fly to Granada for a six day tour of Andalusia (flying back to BCN from Seville). We figured we'd be tired from the overnight flight, and would get in a little sight seeing in Barcelona the day we arrive, go to bed at a normal local time to get acclimated, then sometime mid-day the next head to Granada.
Now I'm wondering given our limited time if we should just tough it out and plan on flying to Granada around mid-day the day we arrive in BCN. Our overseas flight arrives around 10 am. There is a 1:20 Vueling flight to Granada. I know that would mean a long gap we'd just have to wait around. But would we gain anything by just sticking it out at the airport and continuing on to S. Spain and avoid a to/from airport turn around the next day? This would give us an extra night in S. Spain.
It makes an exhausting sounding first day, but at the same time we have the enthusiasm for the start of our trip working in our favor.
Also, for those who have taking flights within Spain, how long in advance of your flight did you arrive at the airport? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 2 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 3 base for Andalucia
- 4 barcelona neighborhood
- 5 Private Guide in Lyon
- 6 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 9 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 12 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 13 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 14 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 15 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 16 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 17 Regarding Residence Permit
- 18 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 19 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 20 Tracking the Weather
- 21 Les Invalides Night Show
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 24 Which Day?
- 25 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
Quick one night in Barcelona before S. Spain, or go straight?