Any suggestions for a short break for wife & me? She just discovered she has a few days off from March 19 & we need to be back before 30th. She's also off for Easter, but that's probably going to be expensive. We live in Ireland. Do any travel companies still do really last minute deals? I mean REAL bargains? (Like they are desperate to sell off this holiday for next to nothing that some poor couple had to cancel coz granny died.) Anyone tried them, phoning or using the 'net 1 or 2 days before going to see what's available? Friends did 2 years ago with Budget Travel, but they have now gone bust! 5,6, or 7 days away might be about right. We can probably get to UK fairly cheaply, so flights from there might be considered too. A city break in Europe might be our choice, we also enjoy walking & camping but it may be a bit chilly for camping even in southern Europe. At short notice is it good to arrange our own travel & accommodation or get a package? I normally plan & book our hols months ahead so this situation is new to me. We have been to Paris, Amsterdam, Bruges, Krakow & although it may be nice to go again, we'd both prefer somewhere new.
Quick getaway short notice last-minute city break in Europe or N. Africa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 2 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 3 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 4 Lyon Arrondissements
- 5 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 6 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 7 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 8 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 9 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 10 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 11 VALI DI RAGUSA
- 12 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 13 Spa in Scotland
- 14 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 15 Booking Greece Ferry Tickets online
- 16 Any French Riviera Beach Reccs?
- 17 1+ days in Toledo
- 18 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 19 What area/town to stay in North Eastern Sardinia?
- 20 Paris info required
- 21 DCC on the increase?
- 22 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 23 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 24 Greek Island honeymoon
- 25 Venice - things to do?