Any suggestions for a short break for wife & me? She just discovered she has a few days off from March 19 & we need to be back before 30th. She's also off for Easter, but that's probably going to be expensive. We live in Ireland. Do any travel companies still do really last minute deals? I mean REAL bargains? (Like they are desperate to sell off this holiday for next to nothing that some poor couple had to cancel coz granny died.) Anyone tried them, phoning or using the 'net 1 or 2 days before going to see what's available? Friends did 2 years ago with Budget Travel, but they have now gone bust! 5,6, or 7 days away might be about right. We can probably get to UK fairly cheaply, so flights from there might be considered too. A city break in Europe might be our choice, we also enjoy walking & camping but it may be a bit chilly for camping even in southern Europe. At short notice is it good to arrange our own travel & accommodation or get a package? I normally plan & book our hols months ahead so this situation is new to me. We have been to Paris, Amsterdam, Bruges, Krakow & although it may be nice to go again, we'd both prefer somewhere new.
Quick getaway short notice last-minute city break in Europe or N. Africa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 2 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 7 Flying from Paris to London: logistics help?
- 8 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 9 Turkey Family Vacation packages From India.
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 FREE SATNAV WORLDWIDE with OFFLINE NAVIGATION on Windows 8 phones
- 12 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 13 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 14 Nice or Marseille??
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Air pollution in Paris
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 gites de france or agritourism
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?