Any suggestions for a short break for wife & me? She just discovered she has a few days off from March 19 & we need to be back before 30th. She's also off for Easter, but that's probably going to be expensive. We live in Ireland. Do any travel companies still do really last minute deals? I mean REAL bargains? (Like they are desperate to sell off this holiday for next to nothing that some poor couple had to cancel coz granny died.) Anyone tried them, phoning or using the 'net 1 or 2 days before going to see what's available? Friends did 2 years ago with Budget Travel, but they have now gone bust! 5,6, or 7 days away might be about right. We can probably get to UK fairly cheaply, so flights from there might be considered too. A city break in Europe might be our choice, we also enjoy walking & camping but it may be a bit chilly for camping even in southern Europe. At short notice is it good to arrange our own travel & accommodation or get a package? I normally plan & book our hols months ahead so this situation is new to me. We have been to Paris, Amsterdam, Bruges, Krakow & although it may be nice to go again, we'd both prefer somewhere new.
Quick getaway short notice last-minute city break in Europe or N. Africa
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Channel Islands
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 7 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 8 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 9 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 10 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 11 Barcelona Transfers
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 15 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 16 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 17 Ireland in a week
- 18 Spain - Andalucia
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 21 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 22 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 23 2 Week European Itinerary
- 24 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 25 Car in Prague