I've been reading the other helpful threads on Sicily and wanted to get people's views on it as an option for a 2 week holiday for myself and girlfriend.
We are looking to go for the first two weeks of August (I know its really busy but she's a teacher) and would look to spend the first week exploring and the second week relaxing.
If you had one week to explore, what are the must sees? Where would you base yourself? Would you hire a care?
And if you were to spend a week in a certain area to relax in a scenic area with nice beaches where would you recommend?
Equally would appreciate people's views on where else they might consider given our requirements.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 Spanish Medical Providers
- 5 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 6 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 9 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 14 San Sebastián
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 italy Cinque Terre
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 19 Can parking
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 23 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 24 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna