My husband and I will be heading to Ireland in about a month for one week. We fly in to Dublin & will spend two days there (we've all been before and are really only stopping there at all for the Penn State football game). We will then leave there and have a driver take us to Cork, where we are staying at Hayfield Manor. We'll be there from Sunday to Tuesday - any suggestions for us?
A bit about our group - we, first and foremost, love to eat and drink, so that's our priority. We also love taking in Irish culture (listening to live music, meeting locals). Not big on churches & overly historical stuff. And, while we're not major outdoorsmen, we do appreciate beautiful scenery and taking in our surroundings through an activity (like a boat tour). My Mom has a bad knee, so no hikes for us!
From Cork, we'll leave Tuesday morning and we have a few days before we're due back in Dublin on Thursday night. If we're looking to stay East of Cork as we make our way back to Dublin, where would you stay for 2.5 days? We LOVED Galway, and are looking for something similar - a quaint, charming town that's got less of a city vibe and more of a small village feel, but that still has enough options for us at night for dinner and music. We will still have our driver/guide to take local day trips, but we're looking to pick our second "home base" ourselves.
Any suggestions you have are welcome, and we appreciate your guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Flamenco in October
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 7 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 8 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 9 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 10 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 11 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 14 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Questions about Polish sights
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions