My husband and I will be heading to Ireland in about a month for one week. We fly in to Dublin & will spend two days there (we've all been before and are really only stopping there at all for the Penn State football game). We will then leave there and have a driver take us to Cork, where we are staying at Hayfield Manor. We'll be there from Sunday to Tuesday - any suggestions for us?
A bit about our group - we, first and foremost, love to eat and drink, so that's our priority. We also love taking in Irish culture (listening to live music, meeting locals). Not big on churches & overly historical stuff. And, while we're not major outdoorsmen, we do appreciate beautiful scenery and taking in our surroundings through an activity (like a boat tour). My Mom has a bad knee, so no hikes for us!
From Cork, we'll leave Tuesday morning and we have a few days before we're due back in Dublin on Thursday night. If we're looking to stay East of Cork as we make our way back to Dublin, where would you stay for 2.5 days? We LOVED Galway, and are looking for something similar - a quaint, charming town that's got less of a city vibe and more of a small village feel, but that still has enough options for us at night for dinner and music. We will still have our driver/guide to take local day trips, but we're looking to pick our second "home base" ourselves.
Any suggestions you have are welcome, and we appreciate your guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 2 seat reservations
- 3 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 4 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 5 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 6 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 10 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 11 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 12 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 13 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 Germany-Car or Train
- 17 Night Bus?
- 18 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 23 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 Jewish Vienna