My husband and I will be heading to Ireland in about a month for one week. We fly in to Dublin & will spend two days there (we've all been before and are really only stopping there at all for the Penn State football game). We will then leave there and have a driver take us to Cork, where we are staying at Hayfield Manor. We'll be there from Sunday to Tuesday - any suggestions for us?
A bit about our group - we, first and foremost, love to eat and drink, so that's our priority. We also love taking in Irish culture (listening to live music, meeting locals). Not big on churches & overly historical stuff. And, while we're not major outdoorsmen, we do appreciate beautiful scenery and taking in our surroundings through an activity (like a boat tour). My Mom has a bad knee, so no hikes for us!
From Cork, we'll leave Tuesday morning and we have a few days before we're due back in Dublin on Thursday night. If we're looking to stay East of Cork as we make our way back to Dublin, where would you stay for 2.5 days? We LOVED Galway, and are looking for something similar - a quaint, charming town that's got less of a city vibe and more of a small village feel, but that still has enough options for us at night for dinner and music. We will still have our driver/guide to take local day trips, but we're looking to pick our second "home base" ourselves.
Any suggestions you have are welcome, and we appreciate your guidance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 5 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 8 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 9 Stockholm during midsummer
- 10 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 14 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 15 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 16 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 17 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 18 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 19 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Praiano
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 Ireland itinerary help please
- 25 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland