- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Questions: London - Travelcards, 2 for 1, Heathrow
- 1 Germany and Italy
- 2 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 3 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 4 Car rental
- 5 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 6 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 7 Which tour company would be best?
- 8 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 9 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 12 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 13 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 14 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 15 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 16 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 17 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 18 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 21 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 22 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 23 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 24 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 25 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions