- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 2 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 3 3 weeks in Sardinia
- 4 Another Visit to London
- 5 Questions about regionale trains
- 6 Finalizing Itinerary
- 7 Advice on what to visit in Slovenia
- 8 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 9 Overnight Layover -London
- 10 Day tour of Portofino and Cinque Terre
- 11 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 12 Vienna Favorites
- 13 15 nights in Italy
- 14 Italy Itinerary Feedback wanted!
- 15 Rental car in Italy
- 16 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 17 Tips for Papal Audience this July?
- 18 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 19 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 20 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 21 5 top Scams in Paris
- 22 Malaga Train Station Car Drop off
- 23 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 24 French Prem Train Fares
- 25 Rhodes and then where in Greece?