- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vigo Spain????
- 2 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 3 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 4 Visiting Zurich
- 5 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 6 Paris in August
- 7 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 8 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 12 Train travel to and from Paris
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Zadar or Sibenik
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 19 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 20 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 21 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 22 Driving in Italy
- 23 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 24 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 25 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time