- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 2 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 5 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 6 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 7 Ali
- 8 Drinks in Spain
- 9 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 10 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 11 Gelato course in Rome?
- 12 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 13 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 14 Too much for one day?
- 15 Travel WiFi - France
- 16 Norfolk base
- 17 Lipari to Capri??
- 18 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 19 Iceland Trip report
- 20 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 21 12 days europe
- 22 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 RFID Protection
- 25 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)