- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Questions: London - Travelcards, 2 for 1, Heathrow
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 3 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 4 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 5 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 8 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 9 Itinerary Questions
- 10 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 11 the crown capital management news How to Make Holiday Shopping Safe
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 14 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 17 Lake como
- 18 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 24 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 25 best beach hotel Mykonos