- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 2 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 3 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Greek fuel cost
- 14 VRBO South Kensington
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 Vacation
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 20 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 21 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 22 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 23 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 24 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 25 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.