- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece Travel Advice
- 2 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 3 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 4 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 5 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 6 European Championship
- 7 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 8 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 9 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 10 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 11 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 12 Normandy - driving trip
- 13 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 14 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 15 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 19 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 20 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 21 sim card
- 22 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 23 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 24 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 25 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids