- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Questions: London - Travelcards, 2 for 1, Heathrow
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 5 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 6 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 7 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 10 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 11 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 12 Unique Venice Activity
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 15 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 16 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 17 car rental advice in Portugal
- 18 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 21 Small group for Colosseum
- 22 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 23 Lofoten ferry
- 24 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 25 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?