- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 2 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 3 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 4 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 5 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 6 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 7 5 days in switzerland
- 8 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 9 Antwerp Tram
- 10 Help!!!!! I'm traveling alone, to Ireland this summer, is it safe?
- 11 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 12 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 13 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 14 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 15 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 16 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 17 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 18 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 19 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 20 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 21 TAP airlines & other questions
- 22 Netflix and Hulu
- 23 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 24 Paris hotels
- 25 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)