- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Questions: London - Travelcards, 2 for 1, Heathrow
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 3 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 4 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 5 Three ferries to Mull
- 6 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 9 American Express
- 10 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 11 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 12 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 13 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 14 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 15 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 16 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 17 Story of the German Christmas star
- 18 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 19 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 20 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 21 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??