- We arrive at Heathrow on a Friday mid-morning, 2 adults and one 10 year old who looks older, 3 pieces of carry-on luggage
- Apartment is near Gloucester Road tube station (Piccadilly Line)
- We will purchase two 7 day paper travelcards (zones 1 and 2) for the adults (probably at Victoria Station)
- We are debating between a car service (for 45pounds) or Piccadilly Line to apartment. Will probably take car service on return to Heathrow.
- If we decide to take the tube in to the apartment, I think just single cash tickets (5.50pounds) make sense? Although then we need to get ourselves to Victoria Station. The single ticket won't allow us to go from Heathrow to Victoria Station and then back to Gloucester Road will it?
- DD is 10 but looks like a young teen. I see that 10 and under is free on the tube with an adult with a paid ticket/pass. Should we get her a photocard (10pounds?) or just carry a copy of her passport with us any time we are on the tube? It looks like we'd have to apply for a photocard on-line for her but maybe take some documentation to a British Post Office???
- I am now confused as to how to purchase the paper travelcards at a National Rail station. I saw a reference to it really being a 7 day Season Ticket? Is the photo for a separate photocard (with an additional fee)?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 2 travel around Spain
- 3 Tattoos in Italy
- 4 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 5 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 6 Charming areas to explore in London
- 7 Another Question re Scotland
- 8 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 9 Anniversary Trip to Ireland
- 10 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...
- 11 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 12 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 13 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 14 Restaurants
- 15 Where to stay in Umbria
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 18 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 19 Confused on which train pass
- 20 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 21 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 22 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 23 Gap of Dunloe
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy