jan, we plan to be in the juliann alps (as you know from my other postings)in june. bled for 1 full day. you had mentioned soca valley and bovec. can these areas be done as day-trips from bled? (how far away are they). also, are there any other towns, valleys, mountains, or areas near bled, that are gorgeous, and worth a day-trip? do you know if this area compares to the dolomites or the alps around innsbruck in beauty? is there an opportunity to easily go to mountains in southern austria from bled? (we will have a car). we just love gorgeous mountain scenery. thanks. jack
questions for slojans about bovec, bled, soca valley.....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 2 Traveling in France by train
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 5 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 6 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 7 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 8 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 9 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 10 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 11 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 12 Arc de Triumph Question
- 13 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 14 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 15 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 16 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 17 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 18 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 22 Paris November 2014
- 23 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 24 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 25 Connecting with forum locals in Paris