I am going to be spending time in Belgium and the Netherlands after a mission trip in Tanzania this July. I plan on having 5 days in each area.
I will be based out of Brussels--got a good deal on a studio apartment. I am looking forward to seeing some museums (more in Amsterdam), "soaking in the culture and history", people watching, enjoying the different foods--definitely the chocolate!
I was planning on going to spend a day each in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent/Ypres, Brussels. Is it worth it to go to Luxembourg for a day. It is a 3 hour train ride each way from Brussels. Any other advice on places that I need to see or not to worry about?
And talking about trains..when I was looking on the Belgian rail website--they have some different rail passes. There is a 10 single rail pass--does that just work in Belgium or would that work for for all the places it goes to--like Luxembourg? Also there was a network railpass that you could get for a week--and was wondering if that would work for going to Luxembourg?
Thanks in advance!
Questions about Trains in Belgium and itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 2 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Day trip from London to Paris
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Mont St Michel
- 7 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 8 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 14 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 15 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 16 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 17 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 18 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Porto -City Break
- 21 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Street food in Turkey