I am going to be spending time in Belgium and the Netherlands after a mission trip in Tanzania this July. I plan on having 5 days in each area.
I will be based out of Brussels--got a good deal on a studio apartment. I am looking forward to seeing some museums (more in Amsterdam), "soaking in the culture and history", people watching, enjoying the different foods--definitely the chocolate!
I was planning on going to spend a day each in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent/Ypres, Brussels. Is it worth it to go to Luxembourg for a day. It is a 3 hour train ride each way from Brussels. Any other advice on places that I need to see or not to worry about?
And talking about trains..when I was looking on the Belgian rail website--they have some different rail passes. There is a 10 single rail pass--does that just work in Belgium or would that work for for all the places it goes to--like Luxembourg? Also there was a network railpass that you could get for a week--and was wondering if that would work for going to Luxembourg?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 2 Heathrow to London - train or taxi?
- 3 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 4 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 5 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 6 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 7 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 8 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Italy - best two central locations
- 13 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 14 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 15 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 16 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 18 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 19 Overnight Train Questions
- 20 Istanbul tour guides?
- 21 Flamenco Shows
- 22 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 23 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 24 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 25 St Remy area for Provence base?