I am going to be spending time in Belgium and the Netherlands after a mission trip in Tanzania this July. I plan on having 5 days in each area.
I will be based out of Brussels--got a good deal on a studio apartment. I am looking forward to seeing some museums (more in Amsterdam), "soaking in the culture and history", people watching, enjoying the different foods--definitely the chocolate!
I was planning on going to spend a day each in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent/Ypres, Brussels. Is it worth it to go to Luxembourg for a day. It is a 3 hour train ride each way from Brussels. Any other advice on places that I need to see or not to worry about?
And talking about trains..when I was looking on the Belgian rail website--they have some different rail passes. There is a 10 single rail pass--does that just work in Belgium or would that work for for all the places it goes to--like Luxembourg? Also there was a network railpass that you could get for a week--and was wondering if that would work for going to Luxembourg?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Önline ☎ AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 2 Lisbon - a few tips
- 3 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 4 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 5 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 6 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 7 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 8 Avoid Europcar!
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 11 Scotland - We're Here!
- 12 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 13 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 14 European Vacation 2017
- 15 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 16 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 17 Need help in completing trip details
- 18 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 19 Which area to stay in London
- 20 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 21 Madrid food advice needed
- 22 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 23 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 24 Split to Hvar
- 25 Paris for children