I am going to be spending time in Belgium and the Netherlands after a mission trip in Tanzania this July. I plan on having 5 days in each area.
I will be based out of Brussels--got a good deal on a studio apartment. I am looking forward to seeing some museums (more in Amsterdam), "soaking in the culture and history", people watching, enjoying the different foods--definitely the chocolate!
I was planning on going to spend a day each in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent/Ypres, Brussels. Is it worth it to go to Luxembourg for a day. It is a 3 hour train ride each way from Brussels. Any other advice on places that I need to see or not to worry about?
And talking about trains..when I was looking on the Belgian rail website--they have some different rail passes. There is a 10 single rail pass--does that just work in Belgium or would that work for for all the places it goes to--like Luxembourg? Also there was a network railpass that you could get for a week--and was wondering if that would work for going to Luxembourg?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where are the ALERT buttons for unreadable Asian-language messages?
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 4 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 Killarney
- 9 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 14 Rome-Itinerary
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 17 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 18 Walking itinerary in England?
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 21 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 22 Greek fuel cost
- 23 Day trips around Vienna
- 24 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 25 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!