I am going to be spending time in Belgium and the Netherlands after a mission trip in Tanzania this July. I plan on having 5 days in each area.
I will be based out of Brussels--got a good deal on a studio apartment. I am looking forward to seeing some museums (more in Amsterdam), "soaking in the culture and history", people watching, enjoying the different foods--definitely the chocolate!
I was planning on going to spend a day each in Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent/Ypres, Brussels. Is it worth it to go to Luxembourg for a day. It is a 3 hour train ride each way from Brussels. Any other advice on places that I need to see or not to worry about?
And talking about trains..when I was looking on the Belgian rail website--they have some different rail passes. There is a 10 single rail pass--does that just work in Belgium or would that work for for all the places it goes to--like Luxembourg? Also there was a network railpass that you could get for a week--and was wondering if that would work for going to Luxembourg?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitala
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 First Solo Adventure
- 4 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 5 PARIS
- 6 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 7 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 10 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Where should I go with my family?
- 13 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 14 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 19 Trains in Italy
- 20 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 21 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 22 Which Hotel in Rome
- 23 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 24 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland