Just a few quick questions about a trip I have this summer with my husband (age 28) for our first time to Europe!
1. Is two nights in Venice enough to get a nice feel of the city or do we need a 3rd?
2. We were thinking of visiting Pompeii but not quite sure how/where to go from. We will be doing the following Paris (4 nights) - Venice (2-3 nights) - Florence (3 nights) - Positano (4-5 nights) - Rome (3 nights). All city to city transportation by train (except from Paris to Venice of course!)
3. From Florence, would we take a train to Salerno then ferry to Positano? Or is there a different option that is better?
4. Day Trips:
a) We were thinking of doing a day trip from Florence to Cinque Terre (guided) and another day trip to Tuscany for a vespa wine tour (also guided). Is Florence the best location to do these from?
b) We also were thinking of a day trip to Capri from Positano. Any thoughts?
5. Should we be looking at 4 nights or 5 in Positano? We wanted to relax, swim, etc but we are unsure whether this is the best location as it is high season. We are open to suggestions.
How much on average should we budget for food everyday? Some of the places do have breakfast, but we will likely do sandwiches and grazing throughout the day and then a nicer dinner (with wine of course!) Would averaging 130$ a day be enough (2500 for the 18-19 day trip)?
7. We are planning to be in Paris for Bastille. Just was curious what this was like? Is it a big deal with lots of festivities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Canon PRINTER##1-888-279-0246@@@ Canon Printer Tec*hnical Supp0rt Ph0ne/?/
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 6 renting a car in greece
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 9 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 10 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 11 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 12 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 15 retruning to US with souveniers
- 16 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 17 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 18 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 22 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Help on ancient history route
- 25 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris