Just a few quick questions about a trip I have this summer with my husband (age 28) for our first time to Europe!
1. Is two nights in Venice enough to get a nice feel of the city or do we need a 3rd?
2. We were thinking of visiting Pompeii but not quite sure how/where to go from. We will be doing the following Paris (4 nights) - Venice (2-3 nights) - Florence (3 nights) - Positano (4-5 nights) - Rome (3 nights). All city to city transportation by train (except from Paris to Venice of course!)
3. From Florence, would we take a train to Salerno then ferry to Positano? Or is there a different option that is better?
4. Day Trips:
a) We were thinking of doing a day trip from Florence to Cinque Terre (guided) and another day trip to Tuscany for a vespa wine tour (also guided). Is Florence the best location to do these from?
b) We also were thinking of a day trip to Capri from Positano. Any thoughts?
5. Should we be looking at 4 nights or 5 in Positano? We wanted to relax, swim, etc but we are unsure whether this is the best location as it is high season. We are open to suggestions.
How much on average should we budget for food everyday? Some of the places do have breakfast, but we will likely do sandwiches and grazing throughout the day and then a nicer dinner (with wine of course!) Would averaging 130$ a day be enough (2500 for the 18-19 day trip)?
7. We are planning to be in Paris for Bastille. Just was curious what this was like? Is it a big deal with lots of festivities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 4 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 Paris to Italy
- 7 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 10 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 13 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 Barcelona alternative
- 16 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris