Just a few quick questions about a trip I have this summer with my husband (age 28) for our first time to Europe!
1. Is two nights in Venice enough to get a nice feel of the city or do we need a 3rd?
2. We were thinking of visiting Pompeii but not quite sure how/where to go from. We will be doing the following Paris (4 nights) - Venice (2-3 nights) - Florence (3 nights) - Positano (4-5 nights) - Rome (3 nights). All city to city transportation by train (except from Paris to Venice of course!)
3. From Florence, would we take a train to Salerno then ferry to Positano? Or is there a different option that is better?
4. Day Trips:
a) We were thinking of doing a day trip from Florence to Cinque Terre (guided) and another day trip to Tuscany for a vespa wine tour (also guided). Is Florence the best location to do these from?
b) We also were thinking of a day trip to Capri from Positano. Any thoughts?
5. Should we be looking at 4 nights or 5 in Positano? We wanted to relax, swim, etc but we are unsure whether this is the best location as it is high season. We are open to suggestions.
How much on average should we budget for food everyday? Some of the places do have breakfast, but we will likely do sandwiches and grazing throughout the day and then a nicer dinner (with wine of course!) Would averaging 130$ a day be enough (2500 for the 18-19 day trip)?
7. We are planning to be in Paris for Bastille. Just was curious what this was like? Is it a big deal with lots of festivities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 2 Places to stop/stay?
- 3 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 4 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 5 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 6 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 7 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 8 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 9 TSA Precheck
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 Where in Greece
- 12 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 13 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 14 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 15 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 16 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 17 Couscous
- 18 Help me make this possible!
- 19 Nice central hotel for single woman in Rome?
- 20 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 21 Italian lake cruise
- 22 Vatican tour
- 23 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 24 Lisbon
- 25 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris