Just a few quick questions about a trip I have this summer with my husband (age 28) for our first time to Europe!
1. Is two nights in Venice enough to get a nice feel of the city or do we need a 3rd?
2. We were thinking of visiting Pompeii but not quite sure how/where to go from. We will be doing the following Paris (4 nights) - Venice (2-3 nights) - Florence (3 nights) - Positano (4-5 nights) - Rome (3 nights). All city to city transportation by train (except from Paris to Venice of course!)
3. From Florence, would we take a train to Salerno then ferry to Positano? Or is there a different option that is better?
4. Day Trips:
a) We were thinking of doing a day trip from Florence to Cinque Terre (guided) and another day trip to Tuscany for a vespa wine tour (also guided). Is Florence the best location to do these from?
b) We also were thinking of a day trip to Capri from Positano. Any thoughts?
5. Should we be looking at 4 nights or 5 in Positano? We wanted to relax, swim, etc but we are unsure whether this is the best location as it is high season. We are open to suggestions.
How much on average should we budget for food everyday? Some of the places do have breakfast, but we will likely do sandwiches and grazing throughout the day and then a nicer dinner (with wine of course!) Would averaging 130$ a day be enough (2500 for the 18-19 day trip)?
7. We are planning to be in Paris for Bastille. Just was curious what this was like? Is it a big deal with lots of festivities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague itinerary advice
- 2 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 3 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 4 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 5 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 6 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 7 Santorini lodging
- 8 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 11 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 info Faro & Algarve
- 14 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 15 Nafplio to Hydra
- 16 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 17 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 21 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 22 May get together in Paris
- 23 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 24 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris