I shall be in Switzerland in early September. I'll be staying at a hotel in Murren (4 days) followed by a hotel in Lucerne (1 day) and Zurich (last night in Switzerland, before flying out the next morning). This would be my first time in Europe.
I was wondering if you'll could recommend some places to grab dinner in and around Murren. Nothing fancy, just a regular meal. (Breakfast is included for the hotel I am staying at, and where to have lunch will, I guess, depend on my plans for that day.)
I am staying for 6 days; would $100/day for food be a reasonable estimate? For transportation, I priced my travel plans and the Half Fare Card worked out best, around CHF 360. I plan to buy the Card after I get to Geneva (shall be coming from Paris).
I plan to take the Golden Pass trains from Montreux to Interlaken Ost, and from Interlaken to Lucerne on my way back. For scenery, which side of the train(left or right) do you think would be better for seating, in each of there two segments?
One more train question: For the TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneva, I already bought the ticket. Do I need to get a reservation too?
Also, are there any apps for hiking in Switzerland, that you'll found helpful. For the previous segment of this trip, Paris, downloaded "paris2go" app, which is rated well in reviews.
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 2 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 3 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 4 2 days in Florence
- 5 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 6 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 7 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 8 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 13 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 14 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?