I shall be in Switzerland in early September. I'll be staying at a hotel in Murren (4 days) followed by a hotel in Lucerne (1 day) and Zurich (last night in Switzerland, before flying out the next morning). This would be my first time in Europe.
I was wondering if you'll could recommend some places to grab dinner in and around Murren. Nothing fancy, just a regular meal. (Breakfast is included for the hotel I am staying at, and where to have lunch will, I guess, depend on my plans for that day.)
I am staying for 6 days; would $100/day for food be a reasonable estimate? For transportation, I priced my travel plans and the Half Fare Card worked out best, around CHF 360. I plan to buy the Card after I get to Geneva (shall be coming from Paris).
I plan to take the Golden Pass trains from Montreux to Interlaken Ost, and from Interlaken to Lucerne on my way back. For scenery, which side of the train(left or right) do you think would be better for seating, in each of there two segments?
One more train question: For the TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneva, I already bought the ticket. Do I need to get a reservation too?
Also, are there any apps for hiking in Switzerland, that you'll found helpful. For the previous segment of this trip, Paris, downloaded "paris2go" app, which is rated well in reviews.
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 2 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 3 who is in amsterdam?
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 8 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 9 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 10 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 11 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 12 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 13 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 14 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 15 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 16 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 17 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 18 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 19 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 20 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 21 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 22 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 25 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!