I shall be in Switzerland in early September. I'll be staying at a hotel in Murren (4 days) followed by a hotel in Lucerne (1 day) and Zurich (last night in Switzerland, before flying out the next morning). This would be my first time in Europe.
I was wondering if you'll could recommend some places to grab dinner in and around Murren. Nothing fancy, just a regular meal. (Breakfast is included for the hotel I am staying at, and where to have lunch will, I guess, depend on my plans for that day.)
I am staying for 6 days; would $100/day for food be a reasonable estimate? For transportation, I priced my travel plans and the Half Fare Card worked out best, around CHF 360. I plan to buy the Card after I get to Geneva (shall be coming from Paris).
I plan to take the Golden Pass trains from Montreux to Interlaken Ost, and from Interlaken to Lucerne on my way back. For scenery, which side of the train(left or right) do you think would be better for seating, in each of there two segments?
One more train question: For the TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneva, I already bought the ticket. Do I need to get a reservation too?
Also, are there any apps for hiking in Switzerland, that you'll found helpful. For the previous segment of this trip, Paris, downloaded "paris2go" app, which is rated well in reviews.
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Portugal with large family
- 6 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 7 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 Croatia
- 11 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 12 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 13 Croatia trip Planning
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 19 Driving in Italy?
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Tour groups
- 22 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 23 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 24 Ireland in April
- 25 Life on the Farm Draws Some French