I shall be in Switzerland in early September. I'll be staying at a hotel in Murren (4 days) followed by a hotel in Lucerne (1 day) and Zurich (last night in Switzerland, before flying out the next morning). This would be my first time in Europe.
I was wondering if you'll could recommend some places to grab dinner in and around Murren. Nothing fancy, just a regular meal. (Breakfast is included for the hotel I am staying at, and where to have lunch will, I guess, depend on my plans for that day.)
I am staying for 6 days; would $100/day for food be a reasonable estimate? For transportation, I priced my travel plans and the Half Fare Card worked out best, around CHF 360. I plan to buy the Card after I get to Geneva (shall be coming from Paris).
I plan to take the Golden Pass trains from Montreux to Interlaken Ost, and from Interlaken to Lucerne on my way back. For scenery, which side of the train(left or right) do you think would be better for seating, in each of there two segments?
One more train question: For the TGV from Paris Gare de Lyon to Geneva, I already bought the ticket. Do I need to get a reservation too?
Also, are there any apps for hiking in Switzerland, that you'll found helpful. For the previous segment of this trip, Paris, downloaded "paris2go" app, which is rated well in reviews.
Thanks for the help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 6 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 7 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 8 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 10 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 11 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 14 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 15 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 16 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 17 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 18 Maximizing Norway time
- 19 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 20 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 21 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 22 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 23 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 24 Hiking in Switzerland
- 25 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?