Planning a quick trip to Italy in a few weeks. My final destination will be Montepulciano , but I'm flying into Milano and will take a couple of days to make my way to Montepulciano via train (and a stop in Bologna).
I haven't been in Malpensa airport in close to 30 years and have zero recollections of it. I'm flying United from Newark . Is the best way to get into the city center the Malpensa Express? Any suggestions how to go from the arrivals area to where the train departs?
I'll be staying at the NH President hotel , near il Duomo. Is it better to get off at the Cadorna stop or the Milano Centrale stop?
Thank you for any comments. And also please feel free to also recommend any good restaurants!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 2 italy Cinque Terre
- 3 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 6 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 7 Munich and....???
- 8 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 11 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Can parking
- 18 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 21 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 22 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 23 Driving through Paris
- 24 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 25 San Sebastián
Questions about Milan Malpensa airport and transport to the city