I've recently purchased (on line from a U.S. company) an unlocked cell phone, including prepaid SIM card, for use on my upcoming Greece/Turkey trip. I have no particular concern about the phone working (maybe I should have?), but a friend who has been to Turkey said that even if the phone works, the government will not permit calls unless a tax is paid, so I may end up unable to use the phone in Turkey. Do you know anything about this?
Question re. cell phone in Turkey
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?