Hello! I am traveling to London and then up to Edinburgh., through the highlands, and on to the western Scottish islands. I read in a guidebook that Scotland may not accept British pounds, especially outside of Edinburgh. Has anyone had experience with that? I will mostly rely on my United credit card, but would also like to get some currency before leaving. I was planning on getting only British pounds, but will see if my bank can accommodate another currency if necessary. Thoughts? Thank you.
Question on UK currency (England vs. Scotland)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 2 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 3 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 4 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 7 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 8 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 9 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 10 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 11 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 12 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 13 Dordogne lodging
- 14 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 15 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 16 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 17 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 18 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 19 I Got Tear Gassed In Pristina
- 20 Rocamaxour
- 21 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 22 Dordogne markets
- 23 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 24 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 25 which is worse in july - rome or venice?