Hello! I am traveling to London and then up to Edinburgh., through the highlands, and on to the western Scottish islands. I read in a guidebook that Scotland may not accept British pounds, especially outside of Edinburgh. Has anyone had experience with that? I will mostly rely on my United credit card, but would also like to get some currency before leaving. I was planning on getting only British pounds, but will see if my bank can accommodate another currency if necessary. Thoughts? Thank you.
Question on UK currency (England vs. Scotland)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 2 Hotel for last night in Rome
- 3 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 4 the best of italy?
- 5 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 6 Cordoba, Sevilla and Granada
- 7 Rome to Sperlong Day Trip?
- 8 Florence Hotel Advice
- 9 Scandinavian honeymoon
- 10 Is 5000 miles realistic in 14-16 days?
- 11 Tickets for premier league and England games
- 12 Best data sim
- 13 paris arrondissements - where to stay
- 14 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 15 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 16 The Gorges of Kakuetta
- 17 Malaga – Enjoying a Spanish vibe on the Costa del Sol
- 18 London Soccer tickets-Boxing Day & Dec 28 how difficult to get??
- 19 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 20 Meteora Monasteries: visit sequence suggestions?
- 21 Paris/Montpellier v. Barcelona/South of Spain in late September
- 22 Salzburg, Switzerland and Lyon
- 23 Andalucía Spring 2015
- 24 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 25 Crime/Safety in Rome & Florence?