We will be staying in Meersburg and will be travelling to Baden Baden as our next stop on a trip through Germany. I had read that there is a Black Forest scenic train from Konstanz to Offenburg. It looks like Konstanz is a short ferry ride from Meersburg, so leaving from there should be no problem. However, when booking on the DB BAHN website, I get several different train options when searching from Konstanz to Offenburg or Konstanz to Baden Baden. My question is should I be looking at a particular train for the "Black Forest Scenic" train, or assuming they all travel roughly through the same geography does it really matter which train I take from the standpoint of having nice scenery along the two hour trip. Any help appreciated.
Question on Black Forest Scenic Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 2 Too many Trip Reports
- 3 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 8 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 9 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 10 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 11 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 12 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 13 Help with England/Wales tour
- 14 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 15 Reykjavik hotels
- 16 Hotels that we found special
- 17 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 18 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 19 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 20 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 21 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 22 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 23 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 24 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 25 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel