We will be staying in Meersburg and will be travelling to Baden Baden as our next stop on a trip through Germany. I had read that there is a Black Forest scenic train from Konstanz to Offenburg. It looks like Konstanz is a short ferry ride from Meersburg, so leaving from there should be no problem. However, when booking on the DB BAHN website, I get several different train options when searching from Konstanz to Offenburg or Konstanz to Baden Baden. My question is should I be looking at a particular train for the "Black Forest Scenic" train, or assuming they all travel roughly through the same geography does it really matter which train I take from the standpoint of having nice scenery along the two hour trip. Any help appreciated.
Question on Black Forest Scenic Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 3 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 4 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 5 Interested In Coach Passes
- 6 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 7 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 8 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 9 Pisa or Siena?
- 10 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 11 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 14 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 15 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 16 Avignon to London?
- 17 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 18 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 19 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 20 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 taxi line at FCO airport
- 22 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 23 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 24 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 25 Florence Hotel Advice