Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then b!t@h about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London in Winter Report
- 2 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 3 driving from London to Lourdes
- 4 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 5 Italian lake cruise
- 6 Tuscany Itinerary
- 7 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 8 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 9 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 10 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 11 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 12 Multi Country car Rental
- 13 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 14 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 Couscous
- 18 alcazar question and seville advice
- 19 London is it worth it?
- 20 Lisbon
- 21 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 22 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Places to stop/stay?
- 25 Visit to Sardinia
Hi St Cirq,