Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then b!t@h about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 2 Greece and Italy Combo
- 3 Help with basic itinerary
- 4 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Where are the Mods?
- 9 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 12 Visit to Engand
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 18 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 23 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 24 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 25 Short Trip to Paris
Hi St Cirq,