Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then b!t@h about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train travel to and from Paris
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 6 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 7 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 8 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 9 Driving in Italy
- 10 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 11 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 12 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 16 Use of Train Tickets
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 First Trip to Paris
- 21 Andalucia Spain
- 22 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 23 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 24 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 25 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
Hi St Cirq,