Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then b!t@h about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 2 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 3 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 4 Holland/France/Spain
- 5 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 6 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Why Not Helsinki?
- 10 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 11 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 12 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 13 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 14 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 15 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 16 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 17 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 18 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 19 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 20 Iceland Day 5
- 21 Scotland Trip
- 22 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 23 Montenegro in September
- 24 3 week stay in Scotland
- 25 Paris, France
Hi St Cirq,