Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then b!t@h about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 2 Versailles
- 3 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 4 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 5 Sicily
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 11 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 14 Train help for Prague
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 Germany train help!
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Petrol in Greece
- 19 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Where to enjoy Paris
- 22 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 23 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 24 Meteora for older folk
- 25 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
Hi St Cirq,