Hi St Cirq,
I know you've had a place in the the Dordogne for quite a few years. Though I haven 't made it there yet, it's on my list - I love the French countryside. I've spent time in small towns in Provence, Burgundy and Normandy, and I think my wife would move to any of them in a heartbeat. The Dordogne seems like the perfect place for our taste - small towns, medium-sized cities, great food, great wine, gorgeous green surroundings ...... and snooty British and Dutch expats???
I read your discourse on the expat community in the Dordogne - how the Brits and the Dutch come there, and then b!t@h about how it's not the same as home. But you must have liked more than you disliked to stay for such a long time. I'm wondering why you've chosen to leave, and how the decision to move to La Rochelle came about?
By the way, I know you live in the DC area. I worked Rockville, MD and lived in Silver Spring for 3 years, but I recently found another position, and was able to move back to the Philly area, otherwise known as God's Country. .
Question for StCirq
Hi St Cirq,
- 1 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 2 Going to London next week but can't find hotel/hostel!!
- 3 Planning my days in Paris
- 4 Paris trip: first draft:. requesting your comments
- 5 Trip to London
- 6 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 7 just want to know
- 8 car hire france and spain
- 9 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 10 Sketches from Italy: Rome, Ischia and Frascati
- 11 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 12 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 13 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 14 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 15 Scenic train Milan - Paris
- 16 London at Xmas
- 17 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 18 Almalfi in Late March??
- 19 Levanto, Italy B&B
- 20 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 21 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 22 French Riviera Overview
- 23 ROME itinerary suggestions
- 24 Florence, Capri and Amalfi
- 25 Ireland/UK trip ideas for Late July