i have a very specific question directed at fellow canadians who are also bank of montreal customers.
i have read through several threads about withdrawing cash in paris/europe instead of carrying euros from home.
i called BMO today and they told me that if i withdraw money from a foreign bank machine, i will be charged BMO's exchange rate. i compared BMO's exchange rate against XE.com and found that BMO's is about 5-7% higher than the 'real' rate.
if what the rep is telling me is true, then it doesn't seem like there would be any financial advantage in waiting until i got to paris to make any cash withdrawals from local ATMs.
can anyone help me suss this one out? i'm not sure if i spoke with a misinformed agent.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 2 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 3 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 4 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 5 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 6 Andalucia Spain
- 7 Going to Paris for one day
- 8 Valencia Spain
- 9 Rome Water Shortage
- 10 Europe for Beginners
- 11 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 12 Getting around London
- 13 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 14 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 15 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 16 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 17 WWI sites
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Lake Como,Italy
- 21 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 24 13 nights in switzerland
- 25 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
question for bank of montreal customers - withdrawing in paris/europe