Going to Amsterdam in late September for 4 nights as part of a longer two-week trip. I have almost exclusively stayed in apartments during my past trips to Europe.
I have never been to Amsterdam, and was seeing hotels fill before my eyes for the week of my stay. A friend stayed in (and loved) The Conservatorium Hotel in the Museumplein neighborhood and I was able to book it.
Am now wondering if this area (while clearly convenient to some of the major museums as well as Vondelpark) was my best choice in terms of accessibility to the rest of the city- canals, other sights, shopping etc.
Would welcome any thoughts on this, and to getting around Amsterdam as well, as I have just really begun my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Barcelona
- 4 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 5 Santorini lodging
- 6 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 7 Spain and South of France
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Algarve location Help
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 14 Ischia
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 17 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 21 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 Germany family road trip help!
- 24 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 25 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg