Going to Amsterdam in late September for 4 nights as part of a longer two-week trip. I have almost exclusively stayed in apartments during my past trips to Europe.
I have never been to Amsterdam, and was seeing hotels fill before my eyes for the week of my stay. A friend stayed in (and loved) The Conservatorium Hotel in the Museumplein neighborhood and I was able to book it.
Am now wondering if this area (while clearly convenient to some of the major museums as well as Vondelpark) was my best choice in terms of accessibility to the rest of the city- canals, other sights, shopping etc.
Would welcome any thoughts on this, and to getting around Amsterdam as well, as I have just really begun my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 2 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 3 Milos beach stay
- 4 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 5 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 6 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 8 Whistle stop family road trip
- 9 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 10 Tourist Perspective On Croatia
- 11 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 12 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Appenzell in December?
- 15 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 16 Sao Vicente Hike on Madeira
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 19 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 20 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 21 Visiting Zurich
- 22 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 23 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 24 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 25 Getting to Naxos and Santorini