Going to Amsterdam in late September for 4 nights as part of a longer two-week trip. I have almost exclusively stayed in apartments during my past trips to Europe.
I have never been to Amsterdam, and was seeing hotels fill before my eyes for the week of my stay. A friend stayed in (and loved) The Conservatorium Hotel in the Museumplein neighborhood and I was able to book it.
Am now wondering if this area (while clearly convenient to some of the major museums as well as Vondelpark) was my best choice in terms of accessibility to the rest of the city- canals, other sights, shopping etc.
Would welcome any thoughts on this, and to getting around Amsterdam as well, as I have just really begun my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 2 London Hotel - Different Request
- 3 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 4 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 5 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 6 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 9 3 nights in Madrid
- 10 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 11 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 12 Trip to Switzerland
- 13 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 14 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 15 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 16 Rome hotel
- 17 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 18 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 19 Seville to Cordoba
- 20 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London 6 day itinerary
- 23 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?