Going to Amsterdam in late September for 4 nights as part of a longer two-week trip. I have almost exclusively stayed in apartments during my past trips to Europe.
I have never been to Amsterdam, and was seeing hotels fill before my eyes for the week of my stay. A friend stayed in (and loved) The Conservatorium Hotel in the Museumplein neighborhood and I was able to book it.
Am now wondering if this area (while clearly convenient to some of the major museums as well as Vondelpark) was my best choice in terms of accessibility to the rest of the city- canals, other sights, shopping etc.
Would welcome any thoughts on this, and to getting around Amsterdam as well, as I have just really begun my planning.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 14 Two days in Rome
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 17 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 18 PARIS
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Spain: train/rental car help
- 23 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville