Where do the car ferries ply along the lake?
We will be in Malcesine three nights and plan to leave from there for Lake Como. It seems that we would at least want to cross the lake in a ferry to bypass driving up and over... but the further south that we can go would be even better.
On Lake Como IIRC the car ferries cross the lake but don't go up and down the length of it. A fairly narrow path in other words.
Is Lake Garda similar or different?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Rouen Tour Companies
- 3 St Denis Cathedral
- 4 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Ireland itinerary help please
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 9 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 Paris cooking classes
- 13 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Ronda Wine/biking
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 24 Perugia
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations