I have been of the opinion that the term "Fraulein" is used only for women/girls under the age of 18, and that "Frau" is generally used for a woman older than 18, even when she is not married. Is this correct?
Is this correct?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Beaune looking for accommodation suggestions
- 4 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 5 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 6 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 Venice to Positano to Rome travel help
- 9 Northern Italy 1 week HELP
- 10 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 11 Barcelona question
- 12 Azores, Canary Islands, Mallorca, or Hawaii for August Honeymoon
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 My 60th birthday surprises
- 15 20 Days in Europe
- 16 4 days in switzerland
- 17 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 18 Mallorca: Off the tourist trail
- 19 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 20 Beginner travelers on a budget to Marseille
- 21 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 22 March in Amsterdam 1 week spring break
- 23 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 24 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 25 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!