I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about a trip to the UK.
My situation is this- I am a United States citizen with a valid passport, but in 2012 I overstayed my visa-free three months in the Schengen area by one month. I exited the Schengen area on December 31st, 2012, and am currently outside the EU visiting family. I received a ban on re-entering the Schengen area for 6 months in the mail and they photocopied my ticket and passport as I was leaving, but I have nothing on my passport aside from the entrance and exit stamps that show the dates.
I am going to be returning to the US soon, and I was wondering whether it would be possible to stay in England for a week or so as a tourist on my way home. I know that US citizens can stay for 6 months without a visa, but I have also heard that the UK has one of the most strict border controls in the world.
Since England is not a Schengen country, would my overstay be an important issue? I could show them proof that I have money/a hotel for my stay in London and a return ticket to the US, but I am wary of buying a return ticket for a week after my arrival in London if they end up denying me entrance, as I would then have to purchase yet another ticket home.
I know that it will all depend on the officer I run into, but I have never been to England before and have not experienced their border patrols. I was wondering if you think it is likely that I would be denied entrance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 강남클럽추천☛✎【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✎☚강남클럽추천강남클럽추천
- 2 강남안마방추천☛✍【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✍☚강남안마방추천강남안마방추천
- 3 강남텐프로추천☛✉【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✉☚강남텐프로추천강남텐프로추천
- 4 강남룸싸롱추천☛✈【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✈☚강남룸싸롱추천강남룸싸롱추천
- 5 강남안마방추천☛✇【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✇☚강남안마방추천강남안마방추천
- 6 밤문화사이트☛✄【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✄☚밤문화사이트밤문화사이트
- 7 마닐라골프☛✆【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✆☚마닐라골프마닐라골프
- 8 출장마사지☛✁【 KIA709。ZZ。AM 】✁☚출장마사지출장마사지
- 9 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 10 Perugia
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 13 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 14 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 15 Areas in Milan
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 18 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 19 Ireland itinerary help please
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 22 CDG much improved
- 23 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city