I am visiting Spain on my own to attend a conference at a place near Grenada in December. I am coming in from New Delhi, India, and this is my first trip to Spain. As a woman, I have traveled alone earlier, but since this is to Spain, and I don't speak Spanish, am quite nervous! Therefore, would really appreciate any advice here.
I am planning the following:
1. Day 1: Fly into Madrid. Spend a day there.
2. Day two: Take the train to Cordoba, spend the night there.
3. Day three: Take the train to Seville; spend two nights
4. Day five: Take the train to Granada. Spend two nights
5. Day seven: Attend the conference.
1. Is the best itinerary?
2. Should I plan to go to Malaga as well?
3. Are trains the best option to go between these cities?
4. Can I get some recommendations for places to stay?
5. i am traveling alone, and as a woman traveler, am nervous about it. Any advice on this?
6. How good are the guided tours to these cities? Any recommendations?
Hope to hear back soon.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 3 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 4 France Itinerary Advice
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 4 days in Provence in early June
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Leather goods in Florence
- 18 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 19 Transportation
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Things to do in Montpellier
- 22 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 23 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Portugal by Train or Car?