The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 2 French restaurants
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 5 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 9 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 10 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 11 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 12 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 13 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 Shoes in Scotland
- 17 Engadine Valley help
- 18 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 19 Naples, Italy
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 22 Tuscany 6 nights
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees