The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 Porto...Questions !
- 3 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 4 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 7 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 8 Charming areas to explore in London
- 9 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 10 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 11 I may be wrong....
- 12 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 13 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 14 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 15 Cornwall UK
- 16 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 17 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 18 Hydra, Greece
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 credit and debit cards
- 21 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 22 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 23 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 24 8 Hours in Rome
- 25 Golf Partner in Istanbul