The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 2 Berlin to Italy
- 3 Killarney
- 4 Where to go!?
- 5 First time in Bulgaria
- 6 Vacation
- 7 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 10 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 11 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 14 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 15 Walking itinerary in England?
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Dog friendly hotels
- 18 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 19 Cambridge in May
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Self drive tour companies
- 24 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon