The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.suxorfree.com/testx-core-fr/
- 2 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 3 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 4 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 5 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 6 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 7 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 8 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 9 Milan and Lake Como
- 10 weekend from cologne germany
- 11 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 12 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 13 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 14 Switzerland in September
- 15 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 16 Where to eat in Rome?
- 17 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 18 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 19 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 25 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?