The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 2 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 3 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 7 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 retruning to US with souveniers
- 13 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 16 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 17 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 18 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 19 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 20 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 21 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Can you locate this picture in Greece?