The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip suggestion
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 6 Dijon in December!
- 7 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 15 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 16 Summer Travel order
- 17 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 18 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 22 Another tipping question: concierges
- 23 24 hours in Zurich
- 24 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 25 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.