The girlfriend and I arrive in Barcelona on November 26. Going to do a day there (Want this to be more of a rural trip) then take a train the next day to Girona, where we'll stay overnight and rent a car (I hear Girona is great!).
This is where the trip opens up. I'd like to drive into France and explore some of Midi, Auvergne, Limousin, and Languedoc-Roussilion before cutting back into Spain and seeing places like Torla and Rupit before returning the car in Girona.
I've scoured the Lonely Planet books on both countries and there are just so many places to see in the areas we're interested in. So I was hoping you good folks could tell us what we shouldn't miss (Toulouse and Carcassone?) We definitely want some beaux villages thrown in, as well
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Installation@ : Get MCAFEE CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 MCAFEE antivirus **7
- 2 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 3 Airport Transit Visa
- 4 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 5 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 6 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 7 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 8 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 9 Paris advice with kids
- 10 Anniversary trip to France
- 11 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 12 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 13 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 14 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Moscow Favorites
- 17 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 18 Sunday drive riviera to St Remy Provence. where to stop? +monday plans
- 19 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 20 Bordeaux to Moscow
- 21 Guide for Nowa Huta?
- 22 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 23 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 24 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 25 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik