I recently shipped a sweater home from Iceland. Fodors says in their books that good worth up to $200 per day can be shipped home free of duty/tax. A person at US Customs confirms this on the telephone, but DHL sent me a bill for duty on the sweater anyway. The Customs web page contradicts the person I spoke to on the phone and Fodor's guide. Does anyone know the specific rules about this so that I can fight DHL intelligently?
Puzzling Customs Bill
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with destinations east of Stockholm
- 2 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 5 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 6 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 7 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 8 Car Rentals in Ireland - the devil is in the small print!
- 9 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 10 The east coast of Italy
- 11 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 12 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 13 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 14 Bella to Rome
- 15 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 16 Ireland or Scotland
- 17 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 18 Two Month Europe Trip
- 19 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 20 First Trip to Europe
- 21 Anyone used otel.com - is it reputable
- 22 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 23 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 24 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 25 Bologna - 5 days too much?