I recently shipped a sweater home from Iceland. Fodors says in their books that good worth up to $200 per day can be shipped home free of duty/tax. A person at US Customs confirms this on the telephone, but DHL sent me a bill for duty on the sweater anyway. The Customs web page contradicts the person I spoke to on the phone and Fodor's guide. Does anyone know the specific rules about this so that I can fight DHL intelligently?
Puzzling Customs Bill
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 2 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 5 My notes on Greece 101
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 8 Where to go in France mid July?
- 9 Help with England/Wales tour
- 10 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 11 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 12 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 13 Is Venice really dirty?
- 14 Cotswold Churches
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 Best beach town in Italy?
- 17 TRYP or Hotel Londres Inglaterra
- 18 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 19 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 20 Italy and Croatia
- 21 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 22 Five nights in Extremadura
- 23 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 24 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 25 Best Car Rental company in Italy?