I recently shipped a sweater home from Iceland. Fodors says in their books that good worth up to $200 per day can be shipped home free of duty/tax. A person at US Customs confirms this on the telephone, but DHL sent me a bill for duty on the sweater anyway. The Customs web page contradicts the person I spoke to on the phone and Fodor's guide. Does anyone know the specific rules about this so that I can fight DHL intelligently?
Puzzling Customs Bill
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 3 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 4 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Reims for a day
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 10 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 11 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 12 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 13 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 14 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 15 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 16 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 17 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 18 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 19 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 20 Munich with a car?
- 21 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 22 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid