Hi all --
Although they're not available yet, I hope to purchase our train tickets from Venice to Siena in advance. Trenitalia, however, says that this is not an option. The train leaves Venice (St Lucia) and goes to Ve Mestre (local), then to Firenze, then to Siena. Because of the local/metro stop in Mestre, apparently the tickets can't be purchased in advance.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get tickets in advance if you have to go through Mestre due to travel times? We're going to be traveling on 12/24 (Christmas Eve day) so I'd really like to get tickets in advance to make sure we get to Siena before the car rental shops close (at about 1:00 on 12/24).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 3 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 4 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 7 Firt time VISA applicant
- 8 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 9 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 10 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 11 Uffizi Phone Number
- 12 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 13 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 14 France Itinerary Advice
- 15 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 16 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 25 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
Purchasing Train Tickets from Venice to Siena -- question!
Hi all --