Hi all --
Although they're not available yet, I hope to purchase our train tickets from Venice to Siena in advance. Trenitalia, however, says that this is not an option. The train leaves Venice (St Lucia) and goes to Ve Mestre (local), then to Firenze, then to Siena. Because of the local/metro stop in Mestre, apparently the tickets can't be purchased in advance.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get tickets in advance if you have to go through Mestre due to travel times? We're going to be traveling on 12/24 (Christmas Eve day) so I'd really like to get tickets in advance to make sure we get to Siena before the car rental shops close (at about 1:00 on 12/24).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 3 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 4 Scotland - We're Here!
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 IWM
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Guided Vatican Tours
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 13 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 20 London in Winter Report
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 24 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 25 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
Purchasing Train Tickets from Venice to Siena -- question!
Hi all --