Hi all --
Although they're not available yet, I hope to purchase our train tickets from Venice to Siena in advance. Trenitalia, however, says that this is not an option. The train leaves Venice (St Lucia) and goes to Ve Mestre (local), then to Firenze, then to Siena. Because of the local/metro stop in Mestre, apparently the tickets can't be purchased in advance.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get tickets in advance if you have to go through Mestre due to travel times? We're going to be traveling on 12/24 (Christmas Eve day) so I'd really like to get tickets in advance to make sure we get to Siena before the car rental shops close (at about 1:00 on 12/24).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague itinerary advice
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 7 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 13 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 16 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 22 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 23 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 24 10 day Italy
- 25 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
Purchasing Train Tickets from Venice to Siena -- question!
Hi all --