Hi all --
Although they're not available yet, I hope to purchase our train tickets from Venice to Siena in advance. Trenitalia, however, says that this is not an option. The train leaves Venice (St Lucia) and goes to Ve Mestre (local), then to Firenze, then to Siena. Because of the local/metro stop in Mestre, apparently the tickets can't be purchased in advance.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get tickets in advance if you have to go through Mestre due to travel times? We're going to be traveling on 12/24 (Christmas Eve day) so I'd really like to get tickets in advance to make sure we get to Siena before the car rental shops close (at about 1:00 on 12/24).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Athens
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 7 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 10 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 11 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 12 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 13 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 19 Budapest & Prague
- 20 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 21 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 driving from ancona to rome
- 24 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 25 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
Purchasing Train Tickets from Venice to Siena -- question!
Hi all --