Hi all --
Although they're not available yet, I hope to purchase our train tickets from Venice to Siena in advance. Trenitalia, however, says that this is not an option. The train leaves Venice (St Lucia) and goes to Ve Mestre (local), then to Firenze, then to Siena. Because of the local/metro stop in Mestre, apparently the tickets can't be purchased in advance.
Does anyone know if it's possible to get tickets in advance if you have to go through Mestre due to travel times? We're going to be traveling on 12/24 (Christmas Eve day) so I'd really like to get tickets in advance to make sure we get to Siena before the car rental shops close (at about 1:00 on 12/24).
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 4 Bernina Express mid-March
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 11 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 12 Ireland travel passport question
- 13 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 14 where to stay in London?
- 15 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 16 vienna
- 17 4 days itinerary for France
- 18 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 19 Questions about Polish sights
- 20 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Switzerland
Purchasing Train Tickets from Venice to Siena -- question!
Hi all --