I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendatins for a Special ocassion in Venice
- 2 Volcanoes! Glaciers! Puffins!! - 15 days around the Ring Road of Iceland
- 3 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 4 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 5 Bus Tickets in Wurzburg
- 6 Things to book in advance in Italy
- 7 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 8 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 9 Tour recommendation in Newcastle/Gateshead
- 10 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 11 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 12 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 13 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 14 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 15 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 16 Help me decide between these 3 agriturismos in Southern Tuscany. .
- 17 Luggage Storage in London
- 18 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 19 Tolls in VIENNA-BUDAPEST-ZAGREB-GRAZ-BRATISLAVA-PRAGUE?
- 20 An October day in the Luberon
- 21 Need a couple of trail suggestions in Alpe Siusi
- 22 Alsace
- 23 My summer in Paris
- 24 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 25 Euro railways