I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 2 파워볼사이트 ≪ 접속주소 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 파워볼실시간사이트 ▼ 접속 : pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 4 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 5 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 6 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 7 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 8 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 9 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 12 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 13 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 14 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 15 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 16 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 17 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 18 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 21 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 22 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?