I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Athens Metro from airport
- 2 Hiking from Geneva to Rome!
- 3 Best way to get from Monterosso, Cinque Terre to Pisa Airport
- 4 Train/Subway Questions
- 5 2015 Flight Prices
- 6 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 7 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 8 Getting Around Toledo
- 9 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 10 Barcelona day trip
- 11 Need help! 3 or 4 spots in Greece for a one-month family trip to Greece
- 12 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 13 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 14 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 15 Realistic? Train Rome to Chiusei, get car on a SATURDAY?
- 16 Our Next Europe Trip
- 17 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 18 More help with Ireland Itinerary
- 19 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 20 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 21 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 22 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 23 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 24 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 25 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam