I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rungis market Paris
- 2 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 3 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 4 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 5 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 6 Paris New Years Eve and New Years Day
- 7 Tipping in different situations in Spain
- 8 Non-alcoholic drinks to try in Andalusia
- 9 Edgard bus website English version?
- 10 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 11 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 12 MiFi in Italy
- 13 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 14 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 15 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 16 On my way to Puglia
- 17 A week driving in Bavaria
- 18 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 19 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 20 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 21 Car rental/return near London
- 22 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 The highlands
- 25 Amalfi Coast by Car