I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 4 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 5 Lake Maggiore
- 6 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 7 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 8 UK train question
- 9 Amsterdam Transit
- 10 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 11 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 12 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 13 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 14 Day trip suggestion from London
- 15 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 16 Day Trip near Paris
- 17 POST CRUISE IN ROME FOR 5 DAYS
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 Bootcut jeans
- 20 What is the best spot in Liechtenstein for VERY brief visit?
- 21 Car rental insurance woes
- 22 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 23 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 24 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 25 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND