I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with Vatican and Colosseum Info. PLEASE!
- 2 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 3 Hotel Aiguablava or Parador AB Spain ?
- 4 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 5 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 6 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 7 Shortest return to Paris (or somewhere else you loved) after coming home
- 8 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 9 Must do/see in Rome
- 10 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 11 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 12 Eiffel Tower - look at it, eat there, or go up
- 13 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 14 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 15 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 16 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 17 Best way to deal with large, cash-only lodging bill - Amsterdam
- 18 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 19 Considering change in Mid-Italy itinerary
- 20 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 21 Day trip suggestions from Beaune, France & Burgundy
- 22 Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 23 Travel in England and Scotland
- 24 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 25 London to Edinburgh transportation