I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Were you in Europe in August? How crowded WAS it?
- 2 Nerja Spain - camera shops?
- 3 Authentic fishing villages Amalfi or Pugia
- 4 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 5 Dressing for Volksoper Opera
- 6 Holland Itinerary
- 7 Trip report part 2 Naxos
- 8 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 9 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 10 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 11 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 12 20 free days of Europe
- 13 I forgot my international driver permit
- 14 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 15 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 16 Madrid/Camino Hike/Madrid + 5 nights?
- 17 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 18 Iceland Trip Report
- 19 If Big Brother was Watching, This is What he Saw: Russia, 1984 (a really late trip report)
- 20 Rome Airport Question!
- 21 Portugal Walking Tour
- 22 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 23 Alternative to Florence for one night
- 24 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 25 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona