I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Korean Messages
- 3 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 4 Interesting places to visit
- 5 Budapest in December 2017
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Petrol in Greece
- 9 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 14 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 International Flight Question
- 17 Dijon in December!
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 20 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 21 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 25 6-7 Days in France