I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help me celebrate my daughter's 10th Birthday in Austria!
- 2 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 3 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 4 ICELAND DAY 1
- 5 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 6 Italy - Sorrento to Rome
- 7 Nonstop from Belfast to ...???
- 8 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 9 Anyone ever used Northwest Walks or Sherpa for a C2C England hike?
- 10 Trip to France (Provence, Languedoc/Roussillon) - a quick summary
- 11 Greek island cruise or self tour
- 12 Advice on long week trip to Germany
- 13 Bucket list trip to Ireland - need so much help!
- 14 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 15 Is there any dog-sledding in the Bernese Oberland?
- 16 Travel Plan during Christmas in Italy
- 17 Giverny vs. Versailles
- 18 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 19 Trip Help: 3-4 weeks in July
- 20 Advice on Transportation - Berlin
- 21 Italo Trains - good news
- 22 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 23 Stockholm+Copenhagen or Amsterdam + Ghent + Brugge in July
- 24 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 25 A month in northern Italy: Mountains, Lakes and Castles