I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Recovery CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:54O:683O Technical SUPP0RT 24*7
- 2 YAHOO CONTACT Reset ☎ 1:800:540:6830 ☎ YAHOO Account SUPP0RT
- 3 GEEKS: YAHOO TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540 :6830 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 4 TIM in FCO - update
- 5 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 6 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 7 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 10 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 11 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 12 Madrid food advice needed
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 16 days in France and Italy
- 15 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 16 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 17 Iceland trip report!
- 18 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 23 Need hotel in Athens
- 24 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 25 Avoid Europcar!