I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin and chocolate lovers
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Norway Itinerary
- 4 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 5 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 6 Eagle's Nest weather, Germany
- 7 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 8 Dolomites October 14-18
- 9 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 10 Charles Degaulle question
- 11 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 12 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 13 Pompeii luggage storage
- 14 Departure Tax in UK
- 15 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 16 FCO connection time
- 17 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 18 Train Help
- 19 First time in Italy
- 20 Train rides
- 21 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 22 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 23 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 24 One week in & near Marseille
- 25 Need Ireland Itinerary Help