I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 3 Scotland Trip
- 4 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 5 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 6 4 week trip Turkey
- 7 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 8 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 9 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 10 Advices about our itiniary
- 11 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 First trip to Italy-2 weeks with a 9 year old
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 16 What to take to Germany
- 17 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 18 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 19 Riga / Vecaki from a birds Eye
- 20 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 21 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 22 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 23 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 24 Private transportation
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015