I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 2 Morocco to Spain Border Crossing
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 6 please revew provence agenda
- 7 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 8 Small detour from Paris
- 9 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 10 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 11 http://healthyboosterspro.com/armor-adaptogenics/
- 12 Sicily or Rome
- 13 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 14 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 15 Italy
- 16 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 17 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 18 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 19 When and how to book for a trip?
- 20 Provence to Nice driving
- 21 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 22 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 23 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 24 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 25 France to stop making foie grois