I'm probably the last person to discover this, but just in case there are others:
SNCF does not accept charge cards other than those issued in France.
If you try to use a foreign card, you get a notice that says it was rejected by your bank.
That is not true. The computer doesn't contact the bank at all.
You can't use foreign credit cards over the phone, either.
You will have to go to www.raileurope.com, where you will be charge 50% more, OR
contact your hotel in France and ask if they will purchase your tickets for you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 6 CDG much improved
- 7 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 12 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 15 Rouen Tour Companies
- 16 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 17 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 18 Ronda Wine/biking
- 19 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 20 Italy bus or train
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 24 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 25 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?