I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to purchase two tickets to get to Malta from San Francisco in the same itinerary. I am finding tickets for SFO-MLA round trip via LHR or FRA to cost about $1900 and tickets from SFO-LHR and LHR-MLA to be about $1400. I would prefer to have them in the same itinerary (PNR) so that if my origin flight is late, then I can get rebooking assistance. We did this several years ago when we went to Spain and saved a lot of money, but were stressed out when our flight to LHR was delayed and we missed our connection. (According to the airlines, we didn't have a connection since we had bought separate tickets in separate PNRs)
I hope this isn't too vague. Thanks for your input.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 6 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 7 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 8 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 9 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 16 Iceland for Nine Days
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 19 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 20 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 21 Rome or Venice first
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary