I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to purchase two tickets to get to Malta from San Francisco in the same itinerary. I am finding tickets for SFO-MLA round trip via LHR or FRA to cost about $1900 and tickets from SFO-LHR and LHR-MLA to be about $1400. I would prefer to have them in the same itinerary (PNR) so that if my origin flight is late, then I can get rebooking assistance. We did this several years ago when we went to Spain and saved a lot of money, but were stressed out when our flight to LHR was delayed and we missed our connection. (According to the airlines, we didn't have a connection since we had bought separate tickets in separate PNRs)
I hope this isn't too vague. Thanks for your input.
Purchasing airfare SFO-MLA
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 2 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 3 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 7 Is Venice really dirty?
- 8 My Google Maps
- 9 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 10 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 11 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 12 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 15 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 16 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 17 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 18 italy - france - germany
- 19 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 20 Planning Europe trip
- 21 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 22 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 23 Authentic czech food
- 24 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 25 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!