Almost done with our Puglia trip but have one week of a questionable plan. I have read with enthusiasm all the recent trip reports on Puglia and have planned this week with those in mind.
We will be spending a week in Abruzzo and then driving from Sulmona to Puglia in mid-October. From there we plan:
1 night in Vieste in a B&B to be determined (any suggestions)
2 nights in Trani (possibly Albergo Lucy)
2 nights at Lama di Luna near Andria
2 nights in Matera
2 nights near Ostuni in a masseria to be determined (Torre Maiza is out of our price range).
After this week we head to Galatina for a full week's rental and then return to Rome for one week before flying home. Because we have rentals for 3 of the 4 weeks we are in Italy we don't object to the short stay plan.
Would appreciate any comments or suggestions. We had planned to trip over to the AC for this week, but decided to save it for another trip and see as much of Puglia as possible in the 3 weeks we are in southern Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 4 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 5 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 6 England and Wales by public transport
- 7 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 8 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 9 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 10 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 11 Planning Advice!
- 12 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 13 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 14 Greece in 15 Days
- 15 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 16 Help with itinerary
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 19 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 20 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 21 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 22 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 23 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 24 20 free days of Europe
- 25 Bring Europe to My Kitchen. Please.