Almost done with our Puglia trip but have one week of a questionable plan. I have read with enthusiasm all the recent trip reports on Puglia and have planned this week with those in mind.
We will be spending a week in Abruzzo and then driving from Sulmona to Puglia in mid-October. From there we plan:
1 night in Vieste in a B&B to be determined (any suggestions)
2 nights in Trani (possibly Albergo Lucy)
2 nights at Lama di Luna near Andria
2 nights in Matera
2 nights near Ostuni in a masseria to be determined (Torre Maiza is out of our price range).
After this week we head to Galatina for a full week's rental and then return to Rome for one week before flying home. Because we have rentals for 3 of the 4 weeks we are in Italy we don't object to the short stay plan.
Would appreciate any comments or suggestions. We had planned to trip over to the AC for this week, but decided to save it for another trip and see as much of Puglia as possible in the 3 weeks we are in southern Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 2 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 3 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 4 Car rental/return near London
- 5 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 6 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 7 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 8 Lucerne Switzerland Meal Recommendations
- 9 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 10 Help with Germany and Eastern Europe
- 11 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 12 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 13 Scotland with teens thoughts
- 14 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 15 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 16 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 18 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 19 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 20 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 21 A week driving in Bavaria
- 22 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 23 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 24 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 25 Oh no, not another grammar lesson! Learning italian in Venice - a TR.