Planning a 3 week trip to Italy next September with my husband. We're early 60's and relatively fit. The first week will be spent in Venice (a few nights waiting for friends to arrive) and then hiking in the Dolomites. The last 3 days will be spent in Rome from where we depart.. My question concerns where to spend the rest of our time. I was planning to head to the Amalfi Coast but having just read ekscrunchy's report, I think I have to go to Puglia. Questions: Is nine full days too much time to spend in Puglia? Is Puglia preferable over the Amalfi coast? (seems there's more to see in Puglia and easier to get around by car). Would I be totally remiss to skip Tuscany and AC for Puglia? By the way, if Puglia is the destination, we would fly from Verona to Brindisi (Ryan Air) and rent a car. Any input, comments, encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
puglia or amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 2 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 3 Help me with this trip
- 4 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 5 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 6 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 7 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 8 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 9 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 10 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 11 4 weeks by rail starting Rome
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 14 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 15 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 16 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 17 Germany and Switzerland
- 18 Advice required on my Switzerland Itinerary
- 19 Spending time in Berner Oblerand - Take a side trip to Saas Fee?
- 20 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 21 Great restaurants in Italy
- 22 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 23 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 24 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 25 Greece after the Vote