Planning a 3 week trip to Italy next September with my husband. We're early 60's and relatively fit. The first week will be spent in Venice (a few nights waiting for friends to arrive) and then hiking in the Dolomites. The last 3 days will be spent in Rome from where we depart.. My question concerns where to spend the rest of our time. I was planning to head to the Amalfi Coast but having just read ekscrunchy's report, I think I have to go to Puglia. Questions: Is nine full days too much time to spend in Puglia? Is Puglia preferable over the Amalfi coast? (seems there's more to see in Puglia and easier to get around by car). Would I be totally remiss to skip Tuscany and AC for Puglia? By the way, if Puglia is the destination, we would fly from Verona to Brindisi (Ryan Air) and rent a car. Any input, comments, encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
puglia or amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 4 Scotland November 2015
- 5 Schengen Visa Rules
- 6 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 7 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 8 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 9 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 10 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 11 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 12 Southern Spain
- 13 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 14 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 15 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 16 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 17 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 18 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 19 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 20 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 25 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters