Planning a 3 week trip to Italy next September with my husband. We're early 60's and relatively fit. The first week will be spent in Venice (a few nights waiting for friends to arrive) and then hiking in the Dolomites. The last 3 days will be spent in Rome from where we depart.. My question concerns where to spend the rest of our time. I was planning to head to the Amalfi Coast but having just read ekscrunchy's report, I think I have to go to Puglia. Questions: Is nine full days too much time to spend in Puglia? Is Puglia preferable over the Amalfi coast? (seems there's more to see in Puglia and easier to get around by car). Would I be totally remiss to skip Tuscany and AC for Puglia? By the way, if Puglia is the destination, we would fly from Verona to Brindisi (Ryan Air) and rent a car. Any input, comments, encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
puglia or amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 2 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 5 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 6 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 7 UK for 12 days !
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 10 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 London hotel
- 13 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 14 Europe in 21 days
- 15 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 16 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 17 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 18 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 Hotel in Venice
- 22 hotels in Seville
- 23 London tube
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay