Planning a 3 week trip to Italy next September with my husband. We're early 60's and relatively fit. The first week will be spent in Venice (a few nights waiting for friends to arrive) and then hiking in the Dolomites. The last 3 days will be spent in Rome from where we depart.. My question concerns where to spend the rest of our time. I was planning to head to the Amalfi Coast but having just read ekscrunchy's report, I think I have to go to Puglia. Questions: Is nine full days too much time to spend in Puglia? Is Puglia preferable over the Amalfi coast? (seems there's more to see in Puglia and easier to get around by car). Would I be totally remiss to skip Tuscany and AC for Puglia? By the way, if Puglia is the destination, we would fly from Verona to Brindisi (Ryan Air) and rent a car. Any input, comments, encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
puglia or amalfi coast
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 2 Can romans help me?
- 3 Europe with young teens
- 4 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 5 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 6 Planning a holiday
- 7 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 8 Sicily 10 days
- 9 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 10 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Gogartys, Dublin
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 16 15 days in Europe,
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 22 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 23 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 24 Advises for trip to Russia
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?