Planning a 3 week trip to Italy next September with my husband. We're early 60's and relatively fit. The first week will be spent in Venice (a few nights waiting for friends to arrive) and then hiking in the Dolomites. The last 3 days will be spent in Rome from where we depart.. My question concerns where to spend the rest of our time. I was planning to head to the Amalfi Coast but having just read ekscrunchy's report, I think I have to go to Puglia. Questions: Is nine full days too much time to spend in Puglia? Is Puglia preferable over the Amalfi coast? (seems there's more to see in Puglia and easier to get around by car). Would I be totally remiss to skip Tuscany and AC for Puglia? By the way, if Puglia is the destination, we would fly from Verona to Brindisi (Ryan Air) and rent a car. Any input, comments, encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
puglia or amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 4 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 5 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 6 London neighborhood suggestions
- 7 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 8 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 13 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 14 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 15 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 16 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 17 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 18 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 19 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 20 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 23 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 24 german rail ticket question
- 25 Tipping in Greece