In early September we will be spending 2 1/2 weeks in Southern Italy. We will train to Naples from Rome then pick up a rental car, spend a night in Sorrento then 3 nights in Positano/Ravello then here is where I am stuck. We have 9 more nights before we fly from Bari back to Rome. My thought was to spend 3 nights in Maratea, 3 nights in Alberobello (using that as a base to see Ostuni, a few grottos, etc. then head to Monopoli and stay 3 nights and use that as a base to tour some of the coastal villages like Polingnano. We don't want an aggressive trip where we are driving every day. We would like some time to just walk villages and hang out a pool or the beach. Any suggestions?
Puglia itinerary - need help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 4 All Set To Go!!
- 5 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 6 American Express
- 7 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 8 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 15 Story of the German Christmas star
- 16 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 23 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 24 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 25 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France