OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 10 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 11 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 12 Italy
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 18 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 19 Juangfrau / mt
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Switzerland
- 25 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!