OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Need Information about French Alps
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 11 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 12 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??