OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 2 quickest way to Prague
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 Avoid Europcar!
- 5 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 6 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 7 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 16 days in France and Italy
- 10 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 11 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 12 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 13 Amsterdam
- 14 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 15 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 16 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 17 Train / Calabria
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 20 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 21 Paris for children
- 22 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 25 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle