OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Hotels
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Denmark or Sweden?
- 6 We're here!
- 7 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 8 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 9 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 10 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 11 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Amsterdam hotels
- 16 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 22 Brugge hotel help
- 23 Five night Ireland Trip
- 24 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 10 days in Paris and......