OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 3 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 4 PARIS
- 5 Towns around Lucca
- 6 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 7 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 8 Airline to Rome
- 9 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 10 Georgia in 4 days
- 11 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Dublin Luggage storage
- 14 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 15 Croatia short sail trip
- 16 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 17 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 18 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 19 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 20 Alitala
- 21 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 22 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 23 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 24 Which Hotel in Rome
- 25 First Solo Adventure