OK, we have booked our airfare, lodging, and rental car, and can't wait to visit Italy in October. Our itinerary is as follows:
Pompeii - 1 night
Positnao - 4 nights
Matera - 2 nights
Lecce - 3 nights
Tricase - 4 nights
Cisterno - 3 nights
Rome - 4 nights
My question for the forum is, are there any experiences you have had in Puglia that are not to be missed? Whether they be sights, restaurants, villages, etc.
As a little background on us, we like to travel and experience the culture and while we appreciate the touristy sights, we also like to see how the locals live and interact. We like good food and are enrolled in a full day cooking class in Lecce. I like exploring and finding local food options, but plan to have reservations for one night in each location on arrival, for a well thought of restaurant.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.. Thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Shall we Gdansk?
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 6 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 9 Jewish Vienna
- 10 Short time in Vienna
- 11 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 12 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 13 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 14 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 15 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 16 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 19 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 20 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 21 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 22 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 23 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed