We are spending a couple of days in London early next month and have reserved a flat in the Docklands area. I have not been to London in many years and don't know if it makes sense to purchase some sort of travel card (like the Oyster) or if many of the major tourist things will be accessible on foot. We don't mind walking and plan to view things such as the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Covent Garden, etc. Also - we're arriving at Gatwick on Saturday evening. Would you have recommendations for getting to the docklands from the airport? Thanks very much!
Public transportation in London - 2 Days, 2 adults, 3 children
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 London for Christmas
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 " Egyptian German friendship Home"FREE for all German people in Germany
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 11 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 12 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 15 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 16 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 17 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 18 rent car / Munich
- 19 Apartments in Rome
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 How to get from airport to Venice city