I am making my first trip to Bavaria in August. After reading many posts, I am planning to stay at Reindl's in Garmisch. I want to travel from Garmisch to Schloss Neuschwanstien using public transportation. I consulted www.bahn.de for options. It looks like it will take over 3 hours and 4 connections. I thought Germany was the land of efficient public transportation?!?! If anyone knows of additional options including private bus services, I would apprecaite your help. I know many of you strongly recommend driving but I really would like to avoid renting a car. Thanks!
Public Transportation Garmisch to Schwangau (Neuschwanstein)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 4 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 5 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 6 Avignon to London?
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 9 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 12 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 13 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 14 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 15 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 16 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 19 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 20 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 21 Mycenae Documentary
- 22 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 23 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 24 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 25 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins