I am making my first trip to Bavaria in August. After reading many posts, I am planning to stay at Reindl's in Garmisch. I want to travel from Garmisch to Schloss Neuschwanstien using public transportation. I consulted www.bahn.de for options. It looks like it will take over 3 hours and 4 connections. I thought Germany was the land of efficient public transportation?!?! If anyone knows of additional options including private bus services, I would apprecaite your help. I know many of you strongly recommend driving but I really would like to avoid renting a car. Thanks!
Public Transportation Garmisch to Schwangau (Neuschwanstein)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 2 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 3 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 4 Itinerary Suggestions for South of Spain and Portugal
- 5 biking in France
- 6 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 7 Amalfi Coast in October
- 8 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 9 London for Free
- 10 RENFE train drivers strike: 12 and 15 September 2014
- 11 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 12 RENFE- AVE link stopped
- 13 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 14 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 15 Terrorism in Europe
- 16 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 17 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 18 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 19 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 20 Northern Lights in Scotland??
- 21 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 22 Madrid: City Views
- 23 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 24 London restaurants
- 25 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona