I am making my first trip to Bavaria in August. After reading many posts, I am planning to stay at Reindl's in Garmisch. I want to travel from Garmisch to Schloss Neuschwanstien using public transportation. I consulted www.bahn.de for options. It looks like it will take over 3 hours and 4 connections. I thought Germany was the land of efficient public transportation?!?! If anyone knows of additional options including private bus services, I would apprecaite your help. I know many of you strongly recommend driving but I really would like to avoid renting a car. Thanks!
Public Transportation Garmisch to Schwangau (Neuschwanstein)
- 1 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 2 Sights to see, places to stop in drive from Edinburgh to London
- 3 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 4 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 5 10 days in Barcelona - itinerary ideas?
- 6 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 7 Iwan2go went...to Prague, Salzburg, Vienna and Paris
- 8 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 9 10 days in Andalusia in Feb 2014 - best home base
- 10 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Stay and Visit Italy/Amalfi and Grand Hotel Ischia Lido - Ischia
- 13 I am Planning about to spend holidays at Windermere
- 14 Northern Italy
- 15 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 16 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 17 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 20 France by rail or car?
- 21 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 22 Hotels in Sorrento
- 23 Hair cuts in Florence
- 24 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 25 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)