In case you are going to Paris or even mildly contemplating it:
I just happened to idly check expedia earlier today. Fares to CDG from IAD have been north of 1600 bucks, so I was going to give it more time to come down.
USAirways must be having some sort of sale in late May because I just scored roundtrip tickets for me and my Dad, from IAD and Erie, for 640 and 675 respectively. (yes, you read that right - and late May, coming back June 8, to boot). We both have to change planes (and I have allergies to changing planes after the ill-fated flight home from Florence last New Years) but saving a grand each sure makes it easier to contemplate. Since I'm also taking Mom on a trip to France in July, this is indeed a coup.
I additionally just bought my own tickets, IAD to CDG, for July, for 865. For July, that's so dirt cheap.
This is such a welcome change from last year to Munich - both of the May tickets together are less than EITHER of the tickets for Mom and me last May.
Long and short - I just got these tickets so if there is indeed some kind of sale, get them while they are hot.
PSA - time to get tickets to Paris!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 2 Trip from Vienna to Budapest
- 3 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 4 Cafe Sacher Vienna - go or not -thoughts
- 5 Where to stay in Varenna, Italy for 2 nights?
- 6 Alhambra questions
- 7 Berlin: evening dining
- 8 Ef Tour 10 days in Bavaria then 15 in Köthen
- 9 Help me choose between hotel spas in Austria/Bavaria!
- 10 Italy: How to get from Venice to Todi, Italy
- 11 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 12 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May
- 13 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 14 Quick Survey for my thesis about online travel services
- 15 International Lhotse Expedition autumn 2015
- 16 Help with Itinerary, choosing Florence and Venice over Chianti area
- 17 Southern Europe trip (10 NIGHTS - Paris, Barcelona, Milan-Venice-Rome)
- 18 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 19 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 20 London Weekend
- 21 Rome Itinerary -- done my homework, please comment
- 22 Mont St. Michele?
- 23 Where to stay near Pont du Gard
- 24 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 25 France 8 days