In case you are going to Paris or even mildly contemplating it:
I just happened to idly check expedia earlier today. Fares to CDG from IAD have been north of 1600 bucks, so I was going to give it more time to come down.
USAirways must be having some sort of sale in late May because I just scored roundtrip tickets for me and my Dad, from IAD and Erie, for 640 and 675 respectively. (yes, you read that right - and late May, coming back June 8, to boot). We both have to change planes (and I have allergies to changing planes after the ill-fated flight home from Florence last New Years) but saving a grand each sure makes it easier to contemplate. Since I'm also taking Mom on a trip to France in July, this is indeed a coup.
I additionally just bought my own tickets, IAD to CDG, for July, for 865. For July, that's so dirt cheap.
This is such a welcome change from last year to Munich - both of the May tickets together are less than EITHER of the tickets for Mom and me last May.
Long and short - I just got these tickets so if there is indeed some kind of sale, get them while they are hot.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 2 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 5 Happy birthday ATM
- 6 tickets for Wimbledon
- 7 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 8 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 9 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 10 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 11 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 15 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 16 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 17 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 23 London with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 25 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report