This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 3 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 6 France, UK and Ireland
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 9 Italian lakes
- 10 French theater in Paris
- 11 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 14 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 15 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 16 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 17 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 18 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 19 What do after Bernia Express?
- 20 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Walking itinerary in England?
- 23 Rouen Tour Companies
- 24 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 25 No Periods in British Written English!