This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 2 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 3 Bandol port of call
- 4 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 5 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 6 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 7 August
- 8 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 9 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 10 What tickets to purchase for Rome attractons before leaving the States
- 11 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 12 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 13 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 14 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 15 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 16 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 17 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 18 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 19 Shopping in Paris
- 20 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 21 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 22 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 23 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 24 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 25 Switzerland in 8 days