This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Provence/Riviera OR Portugal in December?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 American Express
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 11 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 12 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 13 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 14 Story of the German Christmas star
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 22 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 23 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 24 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 25 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe