This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 2 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 3 Poland, Czech, Slovak Summer Holiday
- 4 Treck to drakolimni with children?
- 5 Chrisostomakis Jewellery Work Shop - Jewellery Shop in Rhodes Greece
- 6 Sixt insurance claim
- 7 Europe itinerary
- 8 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 9 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 10 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 11 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 12 Scotland in October
- 13 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 14 Munich-6 days in September
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 17 Enjoying England for a year!
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 20 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 21 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 22 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 23 10 Days in Spain is this do-able or nuts?
- 24 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 25 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department