This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 2 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 3 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 4 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 5 Our European adventures
- 6 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 7 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 8 Scotland November 2015
- 9 1 day trip from Nice
- 10 Norway holiday locations
- 11 Norway holiday locations
- 12 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 13 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 14 Help with itinerary
- 15 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 16 Planning Advice!
- 17 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 18 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 19 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 20 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 21 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 22 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 23 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 24 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 25 20 free days of Europe