This is very early planning, but I'm trying to get a better idea as to which country and cities would be better to visit during Christmas to New Years regarding weather, open sites, etc. It would be about 10-12 days. Hub and I have been taking two major european vacays per year (summer and winter). This time period is an open window for us, which is why we couldn't go in a more ideal time like spring (and we don't want to go there in summer!)
So it would come down to Provence/French Riviera OR Portugal (Lisbon to Porto).
I would rather go to France, because it seems there's more to see there. We love art, history, food, walking around cutesy streets. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Wales by public transport
- 2 Vienna or Budapest?
- 3 First trip to Italy
- 4 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Ireland & Scotland
- 7 Scenic Driving Routes
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 10 Andalucia in December
- 11 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 12 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 13 Budapest Hotels
- 14 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 15 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 16 London's Must Sights!
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 19 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 20 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 21 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 24 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 25 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?