Some help regarding driving from Provence (St Remy) to Nice.
My partner and I will be catching a train from Paris to Provence on the 27th of August. From their we hope to get a rental car and drive through the small downs around the Provence region on the 27th, 28th and 29th before returning the car and catching a train to Nice for the 30th and 31st of August.
First time traveler to France so was wondering if it would be worthwhile keeping the car from the 27th to 31st and driving from Provence to Nice instead?
My main concern is the traffic and congestion everyone mentions during August.
From Nice we are hoping to fly out to Barcelona.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 3 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 8 K-Day
- 9 ATM at airport
- 10 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 11 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 12 Flat in London
- 13 Lay over time
- 14 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 20 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 21 Spain in December
- 22 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 23 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 24 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 25 Day trips: which ones are must-do?