Some help regarding driving from Provence (St Remy) to Nice.
My partner and I will be catching a train from Paris to Provence on the 27th of August. From their we hope to get a rental car and drive through the small downs around the Provence region on the 27th, 28th and 29th before returning the car and catching a train to Nice for the 30th and 31st of August.
First time traveler to France so was wondering if it would be worthwhile keeping the car from the 27th to 31st and driving from Provence to Nice instead?
My main concern is the traffic and congestion everyone mentions during August.
From Nice we are hoping to fly out to Barcelona.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days itinerary for France
- 2 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 3 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 4 Going to Russia
- 5 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 6 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 7 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 8 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 9 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 10 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 11 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 12 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 13 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 14 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 15 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 16 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 17 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 18 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 19 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 22 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 23 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 24 Suggestions for summer 38 night itinerary with kids and a mom in tow?
- 25 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia