Some help regarding driving from Provence (St Remy) to Nice.
My partner and I will be catching a train from Paris to Provence on the 27th of August. From their we hope to get a rental car and drive through the small downs around the Provence region on the 27th, 28th and 29th before returning the car and catching a train to Nice for the 30th and 31st of August.
First time traveler to France so was wondering if it would be worthwhile keeping the car from the 27th to 31st and driving from Provence to Nice instead?
My main concern is the traffic and congestion everyone mentions during August.
From Nice we are hoping to fly out to Barcelona.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 2 Ronda Wine/biking
- 3 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 4 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 5 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 6 Undisclsoed location
- 7 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 12 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 17 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 18 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 19 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 22 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas