Some help regarding driving from Provence (St Remy) to Nice.
My partner and I will be catching a train from Paris to Provence on the 27th of August. From their we hope to get a rental car and drive through the small downs around the Provence region on the 27th, 28th and 29th before returning the car and catching a train to Nice for the 30th and 31st of August.
First time traveler to France so was wondering if it would be worthwhile keeping the car from the 27th to 31st and driving from Provence to Nice instead?
My main concern is the traffic and congestion everyone mentions during August.
From Nice we are hoping to fly out to Barcelona.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 2 Andalucia Spain
- 3 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 4 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 5 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 6 Barcelona - places to stay
- 7 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 10 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 11 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 12 Christmas Markets 2017
- 13 Language to use in Belgium
- 14 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 15 Istanbul at Easter
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 Palermo Apartment
- 18 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 19 SURPRISE TRIP
- 20 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 21 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 22 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Fado in Lisbon
- 25 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??