Some help regarding driving from Provence (St Remy) to Nice.
My partner and I will be catching a train from Paris to Provence on the 27th of August. From their we hope to get a rental car and drive through the small downs around the Provence region on the 27th, 28th and 29th before returning the car and catching a train to Nice for the 30th and 31st of August.
First time traveler to France so was wondering if it would be worthwhile keeping the car from the 27th to 31st and driving from Provence to Nice instead?
My main concern is the traffic and congestion everyone mentions during August.
From Nice we are hoping to fly out to Barcelona.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 2 Two days in Rome
- 3 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 4 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 PARIS
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Spain: train/rental car help
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Germany or Sweden
- 15 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 16 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 17 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 Sicily help
- 23 Athens Help
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 "Too Much Cows"