My husband and I are planning to visit France for our little over two week vacation in early September. We are flying in to CDG (from LAX) and spending 4 days in Paris. Our plan is to take a TGV train to Avignon or Aix and spend about 5 days to explore the area (by car) and move onto Riviera and spend another 5 days doing sightseeing. From there, we were thinking to drive up to French Alps and stay in Annecy to get a taste of the Alps region. Our departure flight leaves from the Geneva airport. When I checked the drive from Nice to Annecy, I’m not so sure about our order of regions. The map shows that we would have to back track the way we came and take the same routes which pass thru Aix and Avignon (Route A8 then E714) to go to Annecy.
Is there a suggested direction for what we want to do? Should we train to Nice or somewhere around that area from Paris and drive west and north to end up in Annecy?
I really would like expert advice on this, as we need to make train and hotel reservations and I just realized this
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 4 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 info Faro & Algarve
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 11 Nafplio to Hydra
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 16 Santorini lodging
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Self drive tour companies
- 23 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August