My husband and I are planning to visit France for our little over two week vacation in early September. We are flying in to CDG (from LAX) and spending 4 days in Paris. Our plan is to take a TGV train to Avignon or Aix and spend about 5 days to explore the area (by car) and move onto Riviera and spend another 5 days doing sightseeing. From there, we were thinking to drive up to French Alps and stay in Annecy to get a taste of the Alps region. Our departure flight leaves from the Geneva airport. When I checked the drive from Nice to Annecy, I’m not so sure about our order of regions. The map shows that we would have to back track the way we came and take the same routes which pass thru Aix and Avignon (Route A8 then E714) to go to Annecy.
Is there a suggested direction for what we want to do? Should we train to Nice or somewhere around that area from Paris and drive west and north to end up in Annecy?
I really would like expert advice on this, as we need to make train and hotel reservations and I just realized this
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER INSTALLATION/SET-UP CONTACT 1-800-681-7208 TECHNICAL CAre B*G
- 2 Help on ancient history route
- 3 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Studying art in English in venice
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 8 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 9 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 10 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 11 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 12 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 13 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 14 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 17 French language immersion schools in France
- 18 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 21 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 22 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 23 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 24 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 25 Trogir or Split