My husband and I are planning to visit France for our little over two week vacation in early September. We are flying in to CDG (from LAX) and spending 4 days in Paris. Our plan is to take a TGV train to Avignon or Aix and spend about 5 days to explore the area (by car) and move onto Riviera and spend another 5 days doing sightseeing. From there, we were thinking to drive up to French Alps and stay in Annecy to get a taste of the Alps region. Our departure flight leaves from the Geneva airport. When I checked the drive from Nice to Annecy, I’m not so sure about our order of regions. The map shows that we would have to back track the way we came and take the same routes which pass thru Aix and Avignon (Route A8 then E714) to go to Annecy.
Is there a suggested direction for what we want to do? Should we train to Nice or somewhere around that area from Paris and drive west and north to end up in Annecy?
I really would like expert advice on this, as we need to make train and hotel reservations and I just realized this
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 2 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 8 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 9 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 10 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 11 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 12 Help required with Itinerary
- 13 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 14 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 17 Campervan in Croatia
- 18 Greek Islands (small)
- 19 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 20 Cell Phone Question
- 21 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 K-Day
- 24 UK Visa Help
- 25 Skye to Edinburgh