My husband and I are planning to visit France for our little over two week vacation in early September. We are flying in to CDG (from LAX) and spending 4 days in Paris. Our plan is to take a TGV train to Avignon or Aix and spend about 5 days to explore the area (by car) and move onto Riviera and spend another 5 days doing sightseeing. From there, we were thinking to drive up to French Alps and stay in Annecy to get a taste of the Alps region. Our departure flight leaves from the Geneva airport. When I checked the drive from Nice to Annecy, I’m not so sure about our order of regions. The map shows that we would have to back track the way we came and take the same routes which pass thru Aix and Avignon (Route A8 then E714) to go to Annecy.
Is there a suggested direction for what we want to do? Should we train to Nice or somewhere around that area from Paris and drive west and north to end up in Annecy?
I really would like expert advice on this, as we need to make train and hotel reservations and I just realized this
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 4 London Theater
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 9 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 10 Greece mainland and islands
- 11 Lyon france-- rental car
- 12 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 13 Switzerland in September
- 14 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 15 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 16 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 17 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 milano trip
- 20 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 21 Milan and Lake Como
- 22 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 23 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 24 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 25 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip