I have the wonderful task of figuring out how to fill out my Southern France itinerary, I am a first timer to the region and would love some input! Currently:
8/30: Paris to Reims/Champagne via Train
8/31: Champagne to Provence via Train, pick up rental car
8/31-9/5 OPEN....we will use 2 of these nights to stay outside of Nimes at a winery East of town(complimentary so we can't add more nights here)
9/5-9/8 Cote D'Azur (likely a Nice base, but will work this out after the Provence portion. We fly out of Nice early on the 8th)
My question is, where to stay for our 3 'extra' nights in Provence as a nice compliment to the Nimes area (remember, we are staying outside of Nimes, not in town)? Since Nimes is the western most point of Provence, and we are ending up in Nice, should our first 2 nights in Provence be spent here before moving somewhere East? Lastly, we are open to time spent further North in the Rhone, but don't want to be running around all over which is why I thought it may be best to spend the full 5 nights in Provence.
Our interests are food, wine and scenery. A day floating down the Gorges du Verdon sounds appealing as well.
Note: I know that only 1 night in Champagne is rushed, we were contemplating it as a day trip from Paris and at least this is better. My husband is in the industry and has a work commitment there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 4 Swiss Travel Pass
- 5 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 6 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Germany train help!
- 9 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 10 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 11 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 15 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 16 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 17 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 18 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 19 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 23 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!