I have the wonderful task of figuring out how to fill out my Southern France itinerary, I am a first timer to the region and would love some input! Currently:
8/30: Paris to Reims/Champagne via Train
8/31: Champagne to Provence via Train, pick up rental car
8/31-9/5 OPEN....we will use 2 of these nights to stay outside of Nimes at a winery East of town(complimentary so we can't add more nights here)
9/5-9/8 Cote D'Azur (likely a Nice base, but will work this out after the Provence portion. We fly out of Nice early on the 8th)
My question is, where to stay for our 3 'extra' nights in Provence as a nice compliment to the Nimes area (remember, we are staying outside of Nimes, not in town)? Since Nimes is the western most point of Provence, and we are ending up in Nice, should our first 2 nights in Provence be spent here before moving somewhere East? Lastly, we are open to time spent further North in the Rhone, but don't want to be running around all over which is why I thought it may be best to spend the full 5 nights in Provence.
Our interests are food, wine and scenery. A day floating down the Gorges du Verdon sounds appealing as well.
Note: I know that only 1 night in Champagne is rushed, we were contemplating it as a day trip from Paris and at least this is better. My husband is in the industry and has a work commitment there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain in December
- 2 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 5 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 6 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 7 Skye to Edinburgh
- 8 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 9 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 10 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 11 Greek Islands (small)
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 14 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 15 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 UK Visa Help
- 18 K-Day
- 19 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 23 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 24 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 25 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have