I have the wonderful task of figuring out how to fill out my Southern France itinerary, I am a first timer to the region and would love some input! Currently:
8/30: Paris to Reims/Champagne via Train
8/31: Champagne to Provence via Train, pick up rental car
8/31-9/5 OPEN....we will use 2 of these nights to stay outside of Nimes at a winery East of town(complimentary so we can't add more nights here)
9/5-9/8 Cote D'Azur (likely a Nice base, but will work this out after the Provence portion. We fly out of Nice early on the 8th)
My question is, where to stay for our 3 'extra' nights in Provence as a nice compliment to the Nimes area (remember, we are staying outside of Nimes, not in town)? Since Nimes is the western most point of Provence, and we are ending up in Nice, should our first 2 nights in Provence be spent here before moving somewhere East? Lastly, we are open to time spent further North in the Rhone, but don't want to be running around all over which is why I thought it may be best to spend the full 5 nights in Provence.
Our interests are food, wine and scenery. A day floating down the Gorges du Verdon sounds appealing as well.
Note: I know that only 1 night in Champagne is rushed, we were contemplating it as a day trip from Paris and at least this is better. My husband is in the industry and has a work commitment there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 2 DVD burning software
- 3 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 6 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 7 Train travel
- 8 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 9 WWI Battlefields
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 12 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 13 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 14 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 15 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 16 Iceland 3 day layover
- 17 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 21 Milos beach stay
- 22 Paris to Bordeaux
- 23 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy